debadge-ing

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
maggi112":1rfwh2ns said:
Rear pops out. Just a little fiddly getting leverage.

Front requires the bumper off and to be unclipped from the back. There are several threads with this :)
Maggz for the front badge u just undo the 4 torx bolts and lift the lip up and back then u can get to it

If you were talking about the "Twingo" sticker -
1. Clean Car
2. Apply heat to sticker with Hairdryer
3. Peel with finger nail or edge of credit card GENTLY!
4. Use Traffic Film Remover or Super Resin Polish to remove sticky residue.

If you were talking about the other badges your car may have (GT/RS etc)
Same steps 1 and 2 -
3. Use fishing line or strong string behind the heated lettering to remove the foam adhesive.
4. Same as other 4.

Just worth noting guys when removing the sticker. I struggled to remove it and I used a heat gun. My main concern was that I didn't want to lift the paint. However eventually I worked it out so this info will be worth knowing. When removing the sticker heat it evenly and then heat one corner more it should either bubble up or start to bend. Don't worry the paint will not lift. Once the sticker has peeled back from the heat a little get the edge of a credit card or something similar and peel it back enough for a finger hold then just grab and peel it off relatively slowly. Should come off easily if you have applied heat to the entire sticker.

Thursto133":45o23u0s said:
Just worth noting guys when removing the sticker. I struggled to remove it and I used a heat gun. My main concern was that I didn't want to lift the paint. However eventually I worked it out so this info will be worth knowing. When removing the sticker heat it evenly and then heat one corner more it should either bubble up or start to bend. Don't worry the paint will not lift. Once the sticker has peeled back from the heat a little get the edge of a credit card or something similar and peel it back enough for a finger hold then just grab and peel it off relatively slowly. Should come off easily if you have applied heat to the entire sticker.
Adding that much heat, to fully melt the glue and vinyl, theres a real chance or going a little too far and blistering the laquer... Some heat guns can get to over 200'C which will melt solder, so easily blister paint

You only need to soften the adhesive slightly and stop the vinyl being brittle. Very hot water on a cloth, pressed over the sticker, or the heat from a hair dryer should be enough, then work on a corner of a letter with your finger nail. Once it starts to lift, slowly peel back and use a bit more heat if the area cools.

Stupid question, the RS badge on the front, is that just stuck on? I know the back one is

Joey92":3o1yn9gn said:
Stupid question, the RS badge on the front, is that just stuck on? I know the back one is

Nope, it's bolted to the front bumper. The rear uses pegs and rubber grommets.
You'll be able to get to it with the bumper off :)

Joey do you mean this one?
5ec474b329da3826e93d0042903b5c88.jpg

I believe it's just stuck on but I may stand to be corrected.

Chicken":3lejcu7g said:
Joey do you mean this one?
5ec474b329da3826e93d0042903b5c88.jpg

I believe it's just stuck on but I may stand to be corrected.
That one IS stuck on with the double sided sticky foam :)

Yeah that's the one, and the Renault sports one on the back as well, I did think they were both stuck on

Yeah that's probably what I'm going to do, although keeping the writing black on the one at the back will be a *****

Joey92":27cicomo said:
Yeah that's probably what I'm going to do, although keeping the writing black on the one at the back will be a *****

Just key the "chrome" on the badges, paint them both white completely, wait for the paint to dry properly and use black enamel paint/model paint and a detail brush to fill in the letters.
Any over paint of the black will wipe right off :)

Job's a goodun :D