Deposit down....

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
manofhow":2msxqpdg said:
lets hope the winds turn into gales once they start to be altered, movingshadows certianly getting a little quicker than wind now :)

The new Renault hurricane, kinda has a ring too it

jra3d":1kplcjjx said:
manofhow":1kplcjjx said:
lets hope the winds turn into gales once they start to be altered, movingshadows certianly getting a little quicker than wind now :)

The new Renault hurricane, kinda has a ring too it
Yea I call it my Renault Tornado sometimes.. same as the horse of Zorro. Its also a black steed and with the roof down I can jump into it from rooftops :lol:

singlespeed":2s0catqo said:
Youl either love it or hate it by the time you get home. I guess you will love it :)

It means we should be able to cut down to two cars ('cos I'm greedy), so it will serve a purpose.

there is a track day at brands this sat. that will be on route, just divert off m25 to a20 and tehn onto track :)

manofhow":1u8sv6q8 said:
there is a track day at brands this sat. that will be on route, just divert off m25 to a20 and tehn onto track :)

:lol: That's tempting, but I don't think I'll get there until late in the afternoon - luckily. :oops:

manofhow":3v57cxva said:

I know. :oops: I'm usually very good running cars in, and having a first oil changed before gradually working the engine harder and harder, but I did once track an Alfa, a week after I bought it. 450 miles on it at the start of the track day. :lol:

Not something to be proud of really. :(

....and collected.

It's filthy after the drive back from Huddersfield. For novelty value, I may wash it tomorrow - there again, why change the habit of a lifetime. :lol:

Well you haven't said you hate it. Guessing that was a 4 hour trip, you should have decided if it's comfy or not :)

Here's a quick precis

First the bad bits, which in fairness, I mostly knew about from looking at one, a couple of weeks ago.
The dash is a fake carbon weave affair in hard plastic, and the roof isn't lined - just painted. Those parts are a real let down, when you look at the rest of the interior and the equipment it comes with. I'm already toying with the idea of letting an upholsterer have a go at the dash with Alcantara, as that would make the car so much better, and cut down glare. As for the roof, I'm waiting to see if it drips with condensation, like my old Series 3 Land Rover did. Might just have to get some soundproofing for it, as it can't help the interior noise as it is.
The high sides on the car make it difficult for me to gauge the width of it, but I'm sure I'll get used to that. Blind spots are big enough to hide an artic, but if you use the mirrors properly, then you shouldn't have a problem. I'm thinking that getting a LHD driver's mirror for the passenger side, just for the additional blind spot view would be a good idea.

And the good...
The engine feels pretty lively, considering it's still tight and being run in. Is there a kick in power when the VVT kicks in, or has the engine management tuned this out? The steering has more feel than I was expecting for what I believe is electric assistance. The brakes are over servo'd but scrub speed quickly (so how some owners report that they run out of brakes, I don't know). The seats are good, and the amount of equipment fitted is good, for the size of the car. The boot is a good size, but I'm not sure I'll get a spare set of wheels and tyres in there, for a track day - though one can go in the spare wheel well, for a start!

Is that what you were looking for? :)

Regarding the visibility, if it's like the MR2, just get user to motoring the mirrors down to give a good view of the kerb when manouvering and parking. When driving with the mirrors set normaly, the blind spot sholdn't be too bad. The only time you need to be realy carefull is turning right whilst joining a main road at a y junction, as the c pillars block a lot of vision over your left shoulder. I had a very close call.. It realy helps to treat it more like a T junction, getting square to the main road before turning right so you can clearly see through the passenger window.

If your thinking about trimming, Steves work is apparently rather good
edge-automotive/edge-automotive-interiors-t2733.html

lees-dashin.jpg

manofhow":393xqftt said:
glad you got it,

when u do track it, where u thinking of goin?

I'm going to Spa next month in Mrs Araf's VXR8, so won't be tracking the Wind until April. Lydden will probably be the first circuit, as it's very local. I might squeeze an evening at Brands in before that, but it's unlikely.

Singlspeed - Thanks for that. Just what the car needs. If the job isn't too expensive, it's got to be top of the list of modifications.