Electric Windows

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chappers

Reaction score
Electric Windows in the 133,

What I am after is for me to press the button once and the window goes all the way down rather than having to hold it, Would it be possible to just nick the switch from another Renault model that has these style of switches?

If i remember correctly...i think the left hand drive twingos have this feature however it was left off of the UK ones (no idea why)

It is a nice idea and i would like to know too..however i don't think its possible simply by changing the buttons (i might be wrong!)

Well if someone can confirm that would be nice because its easy to remove the switch, That would be a really nice upgrade.

I keep pressing it and waiting :lol: one of the only features I miss from the smart. That and lane change inidcators! Tap once and 3 flashes was lovely. I keep doing it and i think people think I haven't indicated on purpse!

Haha, I have that feature on my van,:p If I don't get any feedback about this I am going remove the switches from my Dads Scenic and see if it works.

on other models such as laguna's its a diffrent motor and a reset of the computer.
so if 133's have the settings in the motor it would just be a two minute reset ;)

the motors either come with or without the one touch settings, so if the motors in your car have that setting then u would just need to reset the interior computer to activate this setting.

not sure if any of the aftermarket scanners could do this so it might b a case of offering some beers to one of the tech's at your local dealership!

i would have thought the 133 would of had one touch as all other RS's do even the cups!!

Do miss this feature :( I guess you'd need someone who knows their way around ECU's to get the answer...

had a quick look today and it looks like u cant get twingo's with one touch :cry:

so im gona use karls cars details 2moz (if thats ok with karl) and see what motors might work or if the settings are there ;)

Hi, I just wanted to let you know that my car had a one touch system on the driver’s side ever since I bought it. However, the passenger’s side does not have that function. I can ask at our local dealership whether there is any trick you guys could use to get the same system. Would be nice to have it on both window though!

Hi! My twingo has also this feature! It is standart and only at the drivers side (left once I am in Greece). The clio has it both sides! so you could check if you can find the mechanism from clio and if it is possible to be used at the twingo.

Very interesting that two overseas Twingos have one-touch... Perhaps it is going to be something simple to enable it :)

Matt":2lw4wh4p said:
Very interesting that two overseas Twingos have one-touch... Perhaps it is going to be something simple to enable it :)

you would have thought that it would have been the one touch both sides!

My 172 only had it on the drivers side. I think it's one of those things that some have and some don't...

Speakers, speaker wires, fake tweeters, one door lock on a different side, two door locks, etc etc.

The renault in Greece name it ''Automatic electric window driver mechanism against trapping''

ok so iv tried aload of 133 reg's in the renault database today and none of them have one touch window.
seems its not an option on any twingo in the uk, however it is available in euro !!!

yes alot of renaultsports only have one touch on the drivers side windows (172,182)
unless spec'd when bought.