Fitting the F4R

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK about the ECU.. Someone said, that Twingo 133 ECU and Clio 197 ECU are the same, so it could be as easy as changing program (I guess not, but...) to 197 one.

dempsej":2vi4oh2c said:
OK about the ECU.. Someone said, that Twingo 133 ECU and Clio 197 ECU are the same, so it could be as easy as changing program (I guess not, but...) to 197 one.

They may look the same but internally they might be very different, i would just get the 197 ecu instead of trying to reflash a 133 ecu

Prabmire":32ipof7y said:
dempsej":32ipof7y said:

They may look the same but internally they might be very different, i would just get the 197 ecu instead of trying to reflash a 133 ecu

why would they be different? it's like saying "your PS3 and my PS3 may look the same. But internally they might be very different"

I aggree though, that it's way easier to use the ECU that came with the hypothetical 197 engine, as it would save you the reprogramming and binding.

frediiii":aq0xmgzh said:
it's like saying "your PS3 and my PS3 may look the same. But internally they might be very different"
Well, actually this is true ;P

My point is that if physically they are identical, there is a big chance, that they'll fit p&p to the rest of car's CAN bus (after being programmed in of course). That's only a guess thou :)

Now something about gearbox... I was planning to put 6-speed gearbox to my Kangoo dCi, problem was, that my 5-speed was on rod, and Clio III 105 dCi gearbox was cable.
During search for info about gearboxes I found cliodci.net site (now renaultdci.net), and this topic:

https://renaultdci.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=54&sid=d6866b54985ef641a096b7c7f736ec32 (80 BHP part is interesting)

and recently this:

https://renaultdci.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1346&sid=d6866b54985ef641a096b7c7f736ec32

172 Gearbox fits to 65HP 1.5 dCi ..... 1.5 dCi 65 and 105HP dCi blocks should be the same... soooo... ;)
105 dCi has 6 speed box.
65 dCi has 5 speed box.
172 box fits into 65 dCi, also should fit 105 dCi. In reverse order:
105 -> 65 -> 172. 6 speed box should fit 172.

So mountings should be the same, but I don't know if 105 dCi gbox isn't the same as in Clio RS197, if it is, then all I written is useless, because there is not enough space under the hood as we all know 8).

Still, I wonder how the hell they fitted that megane F4RT and 6speed gearbox.... :cry:

dempsej":1auldkeu said:
frediiii":1auldkeu said:
it's like saying "your PS3 and my PS3 may look the same. But internally they might be very different"
Well, actually this is true ;P
Absolutely right. But if you slot in a Call of Duty disk, both show up the nice intro... So same hardware revision or not, the interfaces should be identical.

so every sagem3000 ecu (regardless the hardware revision) should do after it was set to virgin mode and then "married" to the new can-bus environment. Still, it would be ideal to take the ecu that came with the engine :)

just recieved uprated 133 engine mount. oh look, bristish company that makes it has stated its a 182 fast road upgrade. either ktec sent out wrong part or...... they both share the same mount

being fitted saturday and i believe he's got this 172 rally in so might be able to double check. calling ktec tomorrow to comfirm right product