Fly Eyes Kit - Light tinting

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

XNicolalaX

Reaction score
Hey guys, has anyone ever used Fly Eyes Kit before? Its tinting film for lights. I have looked on the site and it is apparently legal and doesn't affect MOT (which is always a bonus). I watched a video on it and it looks pretty easy to use, but I just wondered if anyone on here had used it or heard of it before? I am thinking of maybe tinting the rear lights you see :)

Heres the site https://flyeyeskit.co.uk/

Seen quite a few cars with it. And it looks totally awful in the metal IMO.

Had one car behind me with it on, and tbh it didn't really appear to affect the light in any way that I could tell.

Ah I wondered, because after only seeing the pictures on the website, and they always make them look good lol. They showed on this video on YouTube how to fit and it just looked so easy, and the fact its legal I thought it would be the best way to tint them :)

I don't believe that it has zero effect, but the effect isn't like I thought it would be. It looks okay until you're up close. Then it just looked pretty tacky. It's very obviously done which, for that kind of mod, would need to look factory to work.

Hmm that's a shame I was looking at doing the same to mine at one point. Not sure if its work risking just to see... :-/

Yeah, I am tempted to buy a roll, and see what it is like on one light. Like you said Maggi if it looks too tacky I will fetch it off. I don't really know any other ways of tinting the rear light tbh, I have been googling and can't seem to find anything. :?

Rear lights is far easier. I will find you the stuff I read about in someone's thread. It's not Something I would recommend though, should you ever be in an accident I'm sure it would be very easy to blame the tint causing someone to fail to notice you breaking

Thanks Maggi. Yeah thats why I was looking for something that is legal really. I have just had a close up look at the fly eye stuff, and up close it does look rather meshy. :/

as long as they still keep there reflective properties you will be ok with regards to mot.

you have always got your 3rd brake light for people to see too :D
i tinted my back lights and left the 3rd untouched and my cars been to two different garages for mots and passed both times.

surely if your car is mot safe then they cant blame an accident on your lights being tinted.

I had it on mine, it looks good from a distance but looks awful up close and it ruins your vision at night, and if your lights are on for too long it will melt, not to mention how awkward it is to fit, so yeah, up to you :)

XNicolalaX":5cjnwwfw said:
Very true. What did you use to tint yours Mike?

I tinted mine with a tint spray. I think it was called e-tec tint? cost me about £7 of ebay and about an hour to do with drying time and 3 coats in total.

heres what they look like,
20130522_143348_zps676f2860.jpg

and if you dnt like it they sell a spray that takes it off back to the original clear plastic for around the same price

Tinted lights are now an MOT failure. If you're going to do it, make sure it's a film so it can be removed and replaced after MOT.

Matt":1jokjf3j said:
Tinted lights are now an MOT failure. If you're going to do it, make sure it's a film so it can be removed and replaced after MOT.

I had my mot last week and all was good. Must have had a lenient garage. when did that law come into place?

mikehealy5":3f5gvi33 said:
Matt":3f5gvi33 said:

I had my mot last week and all was good. Must have had a lenient garage. when did that law come into place?
It technically came into place 1/1/2013 but as will all mot changes they take a while to actually implement. It might be a case that the particular part of the new directive hasn't come into place on the system yet, if I remember I'll get the testers to check the computer system and see if the addition of failures for tinted lights has come in yet because if there is not option box to select then it doesn't count as yet apparently

Doesn't matter, they're not supposed to be there.

Products applied to any light source on the vehicle that change the colour or brightness of the light will cause a vehicle to fail, for instance lens tinting spray.