Fly Eyes Kit - Light tinting

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They are legal for mot :) they just have to write down on the mot papers that your car has masks/converters on the headlights, I had it on when I had mine done and it passed, but it does effect light even though they say it does..

I checked with the testers at work regarding the mot and failing on tinted lights and they told me that if it is going to come into force it hasn't as yet, but there is no way knowing for sure if/when it'll happen until they get a notice through from vosa on the mot computer.

Can still get away with yellow film on fogs though I imagine as not all cars come with fog lights anyway.

Our MOTs are getting so bad its starting to feel like the Belgians are taking over.... :lol:

Front fog lamps are not included in the test, so you could remove them or do whatever you wanted with them pretty much.

I'm sure a few people don't want to say this, but if you tint your rear lights, you deserve to be pulled and ticketed and to fail the MOT on the basis it's a chump mod with no consideration for others. And as soon as I see a car with them lights, I will at least double my distance to them

I'm sure a few people don't want to say this, but if you tint your rear lights, you deserve to be pulled and ticketed and to fail the MOT on the basis it's a chump mod with no consideration for others. And as soon as I see a car with them lights, I will at least double my distance to them

What's wrong with them? I have tinted rear lights, never had a problem, police don't mind them, you can see perfectly well

maggi112":ryooz4oa said:
Front fog lamps are not included in the test, so you could remove them or do whatever you wanted with them pretty much.

:clap: :clap:

And rear lights look crap tinted, it looks as bad as going in the opposite direction and fitting lexus lights. (Hope that made sense I'm struggling to put sentences together after the 1-6am drive home from glastonbury) :cry:

:clap: :clap:

And rear lights look crap tinted, it looks as bad as going in the opposite direction and fitting lexus lights. (Hope that made sense I'm struggling to put sentences together after the 1-6am drive home from glastonbury) :cry:

If you've got nothing nice to say then don't say anything?

I like my tinted lights thankyou very much....

67A4D26F-3ABE-4FB4-ABCA-56BECB4C2964-2230-0000028F5DFB1525_zpsd8b40b85.jpg

Draggingnutsc2":32trq5c8 said:
maggi112":32trq5c8 said:

What's wrong with them? I have tinted rear lights, never had a problem, police don't mind them, you can see perfectly well
Its not so much the lights being tinted, but the reflector being less effective. Thinking that the light needs to go through the tint twice, once before hitting the reflector and then again on the way out so you see your reflected light. So, when a car with tint spray/film or just muck on the rear lights is parked and the lights are off, the car is now much harder to spot. A tint without increasing the bulb wattage to compensate and, fitting unobscured reflectors is certainly up there with tinted front windows IMO

singlespeed":c772p3i7 said:
Draggingnutsc2":c772p3i7 said:
maggi112":c772p3i7 said:

Its not so much the lights being tinted, but the reflector being less effective. Thinking that the light needs to go through the tint twice, once before hitting the reflector and then again on the way out so you see your reflected light. So, when a car with tint spray/film or just muck on the rear lights is parked and the lights are off, the car is now much harder to spot. A tint without increasing the bulb wattage to compensate and, fitting unobscured reflectors is certainly up there with tinted front windows IMO

That is why for mot (currently) if the rear lights are deemed to be too dark by the tester then its a failure unless additional rear reflectors are fitted or the vehicle has separate reflectors anyway (such as the facelift mk3 clio, mk6 fiesta two I can think of quickly with reflectors in the bumpers)

singlespeed":3rdwduxp said:
Draggingnutsc2":3rdwduxp said:
maggi112":3rdwduxp said:

Mine are manufactured tinted lights and can be seen better than my standard ones

But lights are a feature of the car and to me are a part of the characteristics. Tinting them looks cheap and naff.