Football Thread

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I support Chelsea! Uh oh! But I'm not that into football just enjoy FIFA 11 and I like the colour blue lol also my grandad supports them so that's the only reason I'm a Chelsea fan, good reasons lol

going to be a great game to watch as a neutral. hopefully i will finish work in time to watch it

holliedynamique":3j3j6k86 said:
I support Chelsea! Uh oh! But I'm not that into football just enjoy FIFA 11 and I like the colour blue lol also my grandad supports them so that's the only reason I'm a Chelsea fan, good reasons lol

wayhay im not alone!!!!even if your reasons are a little diff :lol: :lol:

just watched stoke beat arsenal :lol:

nearly time for the big one :? im not overly confident but we got nothing to loose so the shirts on, the beers in the fridge and everythings crossed ............

Good to see stoke win... im with you Mike... im not overly confident either on some of our recent performances...time will tell!

Im a man untied fan, thoroughly happy with the score Atm!

If we get this win, then i would say the title is ours with only needing a draw against blackburn or blackpool!

WIN WIN WIN WIN

Delighted bit nervous at end but job done. just win next game then let Blackpool win so they stay up

Monster Detail":6it07xe6 said:
I'm a Liverpool fan and I think things are really looking up for us at the moment :)

By all means take 5th, I'll be quite happy for us (Spurs) to finish 6th!

Yeovil fan me, what a turnaround season we've had.

Rock bottom at Christmas, finish above Sheffield Wednesday on the final day of the League Campaign.

Looking forward to next season already!! New kit, new stand, new squad and the Sheffield derby..., in League One!! Who'd of thought it, ha!!

Look how far the mighty fall, look how far the minnows rise!!

My best mate is a Yeovil fan and I go to uni in Bournemouth. We went to watch Bournemouth v Yeovil in Feb i believe and Yeovil were dreadful! Everyone, including Yeovil fans were adiment they were going down!

Then there was a complete turnaround and i'm so pleased for them!

Graham":227ojm80 said:
...and the Sheffield derby..., in League One!! Who'd of thought it, ha!!

I can remember the last one - back in the '70s when you were still allowed to stand up at football matches. Something over 48,000 at Hillsborough iirc.

My mate who's a Wednesday fan still refers to it as the "Boxing Day Massacre"

BG11PPY":3hpipjcf said:
My best mate is a Yeovil fan and I go to uni in Bournemouth. We went to watch Bournemouth v Yeovil in Feb i believe and Yeovil were dreadful! Everyone, including Yeovil fans were adiment they were going down!

Then there was a complete turnaround and i'm so pleased for them!

We are the bookies favourites every season to go down. We have the lowest playing budget of any team in League One, we have one of the smallest fan bases and still we achieve League One status!! It's our inept board that are not willing to take us forward, but credit for them for keeping us afloat. This season, apart from the Playoff final against Blackpool, this is our best League position since we've entered the holy grail :)

This season, imo, it was the re-signing of MacDonald and Obika. Plus, actually playing Bowditch as a striker and not as a winger. As soon as we ahd Obika and Bowditch upfront, with Welsh on the wings, we started banging them in!!

If we didn't throw away points against Swindle, Sexeter, Brizzle, Daggers and Shefield Wednesday, who'd of known where we'd of finished..., oh well!! Now the silly season starts, roll on next season and let's aim for a top half finish!!

gavin-h":1vwevp42 said:
Graham":1vwevp42 said:
...and the Sheffield derby..., in League One!! Who'd of thought it, ha!!

I can remember the last one - back in the '70s when you were still allowed to stand up at football matches. Something over 48,000 at Hillsborough iirc.

My mate who's a Wednesday fan still refers to it as the "Boxing Day Massacre"

Haha, I've been a season ticket holder for 10yrs now, and wern't even born then!! But I'd never of thought I'd see the day where both Sheffield clubs were in the same League as Yeovil!

And oh, you can still stand at Yeovil ;) :p

Bones":3ts34msv said:
Monster Detail":3ts34msv said:
I'm a Liverpool fan and I think things are really looking up for us at the moment :)

By all means take 5th, I'll be quite happy for us (Spurs) to finish 6th!

I agree that the Europa League isn't that great but I'd rather we were in it than not. I actually think we've still got a chance of making the Champions League - we're only 4 points behind Man City. If they slip up, you never know what could happen :)

Well there goes your CL spot Monster :lol:

As much as I dont really like saying it, but with a bit more time Liverpool should be back in the top 4 again, not title challengers though like I've heard some people saying!

Think Spurs need to ship 5-7 players out and bring in a couple of top quality additions to challeneg for 4th again. Think its about time we revised our wage structure tbh