Football Thread

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Graham":2yo84uwc said:
And oh, you can still stand at Yeovil ;) :p

Yes, I know you can in the 3rd and 4th divisions - only the top two where you can't..

...I was just playing the "old fart's" card with that one.

I think Yeovil should've been a league side many years before they finally made it. I can remember loads of cup games where they knocked out League opposition.

Don't think you ever knocked Rotherham out of the cup in your non-league days, but happy for you to prove me wrong on that one...

gavin-h":dew0ekdi said:
Graham":dew0ekdi said:
And oh, you can still stand at Yeovil ;) :p

Yes, I know you can in the 3rd and 4th divisions - only the top two where you can't..

...I was just playing the "old fart's" card with that one.

I think Yeovil should've been a league side many years before they finally made it. I can remember loads of cup games where they knocked out League opposition.

Don't think you ever knocked Rotherham out of the cup in your non-league days, but happy for you to prove me wrong on that one...

Terracing ftw :D, if we ever make it to the Championship, I'll hate to sit down :(. Ruins the atmosphere. If Europe can still have terracing in their top leagues, why can't we? Oh..., Hillsborough..., oh..., Health & Safety. It wasn't the terracing that killed those people, it was the lack of coordination and crowd control. Oh well.

We're still not a League Club at present, well behind the scenes we're not anyways!! We over-achieved too quickly for our board and stadia to cope with League football!!

Only game I can remember against Rotherham was 04/05, I actually went to that game and we completely stuffed them 3-0!! Bytway, after being to Rotherham, I'll never call Yeovil a dump again haha :lol:

Bones":1gxgbu0z said:
Well there goes your CL spot Monster :lol:

As much as I dont really like saying it, but with a bit more time Liverpool should be back in the top 4 again, not title challengers though like I've heard some people saying!

Think Spurs need to ship 5-7 players out and bring in a couple of top quality additions to challeneg for 4th again. Think its about time we revised our wage structure tbh

Lol, I'm hoping we'll get into Europa now.

As you say, things are definitely looking up for us in the long run :)

I think things are looking good for Spurs as well, it's set to be a very exciting game this weekend :D

Monster Detail":46xb8kvc said:
One thing Spurs DEFINITELY need to do is get rid of bloody Gomez, the man's a complete and utter liability, lol!!!

We've got a good keeper in Cudicini on the bench! We have Croatia's number 1 as our third atm too!

Really not bothered about todays game tbh dont really want europa!

lots of goals from both sides of manchester today :shock: :shock:

chelsea not having the best start to the season but could be worse, could be an arsenal fan :?

Good start from the Mighty Millers in Div 4 (as I still think of it...). Top of the league with 13 points from 5 games.

Good win against the Gills on Saturday - and that's after we've sold ALF to Reading !!!

So frustrated about Liverpool's game against Fulham tonight!

Poor refereeing is the only reason we lost - Senderos should have been sent off TWICE, and Spearing shouldn't have been sent off at all. There were also two incorrect offsides given against us and there were two good penalty shouts that the referee ignored, just because they involved Suarez.

We dominated the game and would have won if it wasn't for the referee!

OMG, if I had seen this thread before it got too much interest, I would have deleted it :)

What a complete waste of grass.