French 133 R - LSD - Short Gear - Ohlins R2 shocks - ...

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Holy cow!!! :lol:

How much were they? 2000€+? I bet you got them from a local rally team or something. Good buy though! Lucky you.

The shock it-self and the struts are from a spanish team
good point apparently they have been never used on rally (need a check ) and the price was interesting

but they have been very manhandled during storage and transportation (people with lot of money doesn't care so much)
the bottle were mistreated and rubbed on the body of the damper, make them loose lot of there nice golden style

the other part spring etc are new and from renault sport
and it's ******* expensive

the total cost me 2000€ (full new it cost 2900)

but that just for the front and without the R2 top mount
so I don't know if it will fit on the standard mount for the moment ^^ If not I need to save again 500€ -_- (if it fit with standar, I will do it later)

I will get half of the renault sport parts during the week (just for one shock for the moment to see how it's going)

now need extra 1200€ for the rear ^^ (much cheaper but I'm out of money ^^) ... and I have to put my engine project on pause for the moment (need 500€ to start machining the crankshaft)

MovingShadow":7yrb9lzb said:
Holy moly that's expensive :shock:
I had already priced up R1 and R2 suspension, so no surprise. Being a road car, I struggled to justify it and went for BCs

The surprise was someone has done it. Good lad Maz :)

this stuff is protection for the ball joint
img2419s.jpg

the spring
img2420sw.jpg

other parts ordered (to fit the shocks)

finally total cost me 2500€ (10% discount on new part from the garage)
without the cost to put them :D :(

not sur I understand

you speak about the orange rear bar?

it's from a clio 2

it fit exactly
it's attached to the top mount of the rear shock

I think the question was:

Does the rear bar obstruct the rear seats.

In a cup with a bench seat it does not. I believe you need to have the rear seats slid slightly forward in a full fat with the individual seats, but I stand to be corrected

For your R2 front camber plates, I bought the same almost 2 years ago, planned to install them, but you need to cut the sheet metal and weld a new piece in place to fit these on top. To make it simple : they do not fit the standard car, you'll have to modify your chassis.

Which is why mine have been sitting in my basement for the past 20 months, and will only be put on the car when I'll put a cage and weld everything.

Yeah yeah I know ^^
that a big issue.

That why I will bring my car at Chazel 13th of May (I'm moving my appartment next week so cannot before)

But in any case I've got him on phone he say he can't have the piece of metal that is welded to the R2 chassis, cause only renault sport do that modification.
He hope can find an alternative solution by machining is own plate.
Also we need to check if the shock can fit without this top mount system that will be cheaper alternative for the moment ^^

Also a guive me the price of the full R1 EVO shock system (that he just recieve this month)
apparently it cost only 1700€ (tax off)
but they cannot be adjust

I'll keep inform when I go there

Funny that when i had Renault on the phone, they were saying that the chassis were built by an outside company and that they received the sheels like this, with already the suspension heads modified :lol:

I said renault sport but chazel on the phone say "the guys that make the chassis"
so I presumed it was renault sport

maybe it's someone else in fact
but who?? (and when you buy a R2 it's from renault sport)

I will ask, if he know more
but with renault nobody know anything, it's always a big mess...

I guess they have much more consideration for theire customer ^^

small tuning update

img2602sn.jpg

clips off , clips in. Fastest mod ever

they'r on
but without top mount (the guy didn't want to make the modification )

anyway the riding is softer actually (rain setup) with an impressive stability