Fuel prices !!!!!!!

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fuel strikes are a complete and utter waste of time.

People will strike for what a day, a week. So what, the petrol stations (and Government) will lose out on a week, but as people soon realise they need to go shopping/work, they'll fill up and guess what, pay day for the petrol stations.

What needs to happen is what happened last time and lorry drivers blockading in the tankers at the depots, this will stop any fuel getting out at all and then, you'll stop the whole country.

Simply, us not buying fuel will not do anything.

1.32 for V-power....WAHT!!!! im being mugged off :( hate it when its the only shell station in 30 odd miles as they can jack up the price and drivers have to lump with it.

1.33 for unleaded here possibly even more havent checked it. goes up near enough everyday

The problem with only have one Fuel Station in the town.

I think the cheapest here is 128.9p, but it just keeps rising by the week. Something has to be done!
I think it's about time they did what they did in the year 2000 and the tankers bring motorways to a standstill and line up down the hard-shoulder and protest. If only our previous government hadn't made it illegal...

But the new Government are also at fault as they were supposed to be introducing a "price freeze" for 1 year on petrol. When are they gonna freeze it? When it's over £2.00 per litre? :lol:

if they strike, i would have to quit my job, i use a tank of fuel in 4 days, just cant bear thinking about.

the price of fuel is getting stupid though!! something needs to be done, spec when something like 70% of it is fuel duty anyway, we are meant to be a democracy so we all need to stand and be heard

Daveyb133":2g5uhrfa said:
if they strike, i would have to quit my job, i use a tank of fuel in 4 days, just cant bear thinking about.

the price of fuel is getting stupid though!! something needs to be done, spec when something like 70% of it is fuel duty anyway, we are meant to be a democracy so we all need to stand and be heard

surely you'd have to quit your job anyway if you couldn't afford to get there?

i could afford it, would just have to cut down on the other stuff i did and put the mods on hold until things sort themselves out, things will get better, they always do

£56 for a full tank today :( no such thing as cheap motoring these days! Couldn't believe it, all the other stations were closed in the area, and the only one open had premium only (not that I get anything else but.... £1.449 a litre !!!

maggi112":r09v1v4m said:
£56 for a full tank today :( no such thing as cheap motoring these days! Couldn't believe it, all the other stations were closed in the area, and the only one open had premium only (not that I get anything else but.... £1.449 a litre !!!

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATTTTTTTTTT?! That's outrageous! :x

Sam":2453t1en said:
maggi112":2453t1en said:

Not even motorway services! BP are a right rip off and I avoid them at all costs, but the shell was closed without warning :(

maggi112":1r0ecmom said:
Sam":1r0ecmom said:
maggi112":1r0ecmom said:

Not even motorway services! BP are a right rip off and I avoid them at all costs, but the shell was closed without warning :(

That is stupid money for fuel !

Nothing but a rip off !

Ours has just gone up again to 129.9!

Stupid thing is, the Yanks are moaning because they're paying $3.50 for a GALLON of Fuel!!!!
That's an American Gallon! 3.79 liters...$0.92 per liter -> £0.58 a liter......

They have no Idea!!!!

M

Mine went up to 129.9p today... cheapest in the area according to petrolprices.com. I know they advertise themselves as "finding the cheapest petrol in your region", but they need to change it to "finding the most expensive petrol in your region", to reflect the costs increasing!

matbry01":uk33fv3v said:
I think it does have a highest fual price setting ?

Yeah it tells you the highest in the area as well, but when they're all about the same price, you can't really advertise your website as finding the cheapest fuel, lol. :)