Green panel filter(FITTED)

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Green panel filter fitted!!!

Went on a 30 mile run, fairly easy run though.

And wow!! Lesson learnt!! Dnt buy a k&n cone filter from 182 Clio, and run it in a Twingo rs! Lol.

Engine runs soo smooth now!! Had speed in some gears I totally forgot about! Haha.

Great purchase! Quick delivery from kam racing!

Gonna do more miles the nite and run it in!

Now... 1 more question.

I have taken the resonator box out. So should I cover the pipe that connects to the resonator box or leave it open?
Ta

Lordyb":r95wmdsp said:
I have taken the resonator box out. So should I cover the pipe that connects to the resonator box or leave it open?
Ta

It was designed to be blocked off (by the resonator box). Being as the wheel arch vents are for the 1.2t intercooler, theres obviously a flow of air through the area of the pipe end. Therefore, there may be a flow of air through the intake, out through the unblanked pipe end, instead of into the engine :( IMO blank it (I have)

I would also blank it. My old car I removed the resonator (in hindsight using a hacksaw to get it out of the tight bay wasn't the best idea as when I went to replace the forge intake pipe I had nothing to go back in :lol:) it was simply replaced with a replacement tube as it was directly part of the air filter housing.

Did you notice any difference to the drive with there being less going on singlespeed? :)

with the design on my old car there was a very, very noticeable increase in torque but obviously the design was different as I highlighted above

A touch more induction noise, but not as much as removing the airbox bung (now refitted). Noticable performance difference - none. It may make a difference on a dyno, but in real life, theres nothing in it. This morning, the postie delivered some Samco hoses, with the resonator delete option, so no blank required tomorrow.

sweet. look forward to your thoughts. Silicon pipes can make such a difference. and obviously are bound to last much longer than rubber hoses that will eventually let down a reliable engine.

What shall I block the tube with? Other than having to put the resonator box back in as I think it will b a pain in the arse to put it back in.

Should I put the bung back in? Will it really make any noticeable difference?

Ta!