Hmm nice noise!

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alex_225

Reaction score
I'd forgotten that I had a Clio 182 Green induction kit in the loft, that only done about 6k or so on the previous car. Thought I'd see if it fitted on the Twingo without having to buy extra bits and pieces and guess what? It did! :lol:

InductionKit.jpg

I've kept the bottom half of the standard airbox in place partly because it has a cold air feed already and if it feels less responsive to drive I'd swap it back.

As it happens, the Mrs is well pleased with the sound and there's certainly no drop in performance from what I've noticed. Well worth the £1.50 for a new jubilee clip to fit it.

i've got green, only use it for track mind. never realised that there quite expensive compared to the rest.
what size is that one, 180mm? they sent me 250mm lol. doesnt fit in the engine bay.

since your leaving it in the lower airbox, have you removed the resonator but kept the piping to it? should help with to sources of air to draw from.

and nice engine bay ;) could eat my breakfast off that

badman171":1yzild5w said:
Got the same on mine and it sounds amazing as soon as you hit high revs

Yeah, it's when it gets past that 4k rpm point that the noise really picks up. That said, at lower revs with your foot down you get a far better noise from 2nd gear up.

orbital":1yzild5w said:
i've got green, only use it for track mind. never realised that there quite expensive compared to the rest.
what size is that one, 180mm? they sent me 250mm lol. doesnt fit in the engine bay.

since your leaving it in the lower airbox, have you removed the resonator but kept the piping to it? should help with to sources of air to draw from.

and nice engine bay ;) could eat my breakfast off that

I'm not sure which size it is to be honest. Just remember it was bought as the one to fit a Clio 182. Oddly I had a Green filter on my old Clio 172 and again it was meant to be the one to fit but was smaller than the 182 one! :?

I haven't touched anything else other than the top half of the airbox. Just going to see how it fares as it is as with the warm weather coming, I may swap it back and test the difference.

The engine bay get's a wipe down now and again, it's not as clean as I'd like but it'll do for the other half haha. Considering a lot of people never bother to clean theirs I guess it's not too bad in comparison.

Bwarrrp-tastic!! Love the noise of an IK growl, especially low down, boot it and bwarrrrrp!!

I still want someone to try and fit the Espace Veebox!!

Funny thing with this is that it sounds standard about 70% of the time haha. On tick over or driving normall (sub 3k rpm).

Only get that deeper growl under full throttle and then a very satisfying noise higher up the revs. In fact, one thing I've always found with the Twingo 133 engine is as much as it's willing to rev it never sounded like it really wanted too. With the induction kit fitted, it now sounds more comfortable revving.

Graham, what is this Veebox you speak of? lol

slim":25msc5b7 said:
that looks mint! do Green do a induction kit for the Twingo 133?

It's off a 182 mate. Had it in my loft from an ex 'friends' Clio and meant to sell it or something as it was nearly £100 new. Thought I'd see if it fitted the Twingo and it was literally a perfect fit in terms of connecting metal tube and it slots into the bottom of the airbox which keeps it in place.

Assuming they haven't changed the bits that come in the box, you could order the 182 kit and it'll go straight on.

Thing is with these cone filters is they're universal it's just the size of the piping that they give you that makes the difference really.

harry_mcc":25msc5b7 said:
alex is that you going green? doing your bit for the enviroment haha

If anyone asks me in future if I'm 'green' I'll point under the bonnet haha.

Veebox is the Espace V6 airbox, I've just shortened it to Veebox haha!!

It looks as if it should fit, and Karl can get them in for £60 iirc. Uprated filter is £40ish.

Do u not find it affects the performance? I have a k&n from a clio 182, and i felt it was really restrictive! I had it set inside the lower half of the box like yours. Surly it's just soaking hot air I'n from the engine!?
AirFilter1.jpg

Wats your thoughts on this? Ta

if your going for big open cone filters, pipe it down to your fog light and remove it, or slick to small enclosed kits with a cold feed.

Well that's what i thought. I dnt have the k&n I'n anymore. But i dnt understand how Alex can't notice a difference. Hmm, mite try it again and c wat happens.

I remember taking the bung out and the noise under heavy acceleration being almost twice the level. I was in the same situation, having a cone from my old Clio laying about, so decided to fit that too. The noise basically doubled again!

I've not noticed any increase (who would...) and it does seem to make it a little more sluggish under VVT but thats just my opinion...

The pure noise outweighs the loss IMO! I've had LOADS of comments about how nice it sounds and you can still be quiet by not planting your foot :)

Heat soak is definitely an issue though and I've got a few ideas that I'll try. Never thought of keeping the box in place... Is it not possible to put the top half back on? I've never had mine apart so not sure how much space is In there!

stick the cone out the wheel arch ;) will solve all problems and would hear the noise even better

Lordyb":2mequubb said:
Do u not find it affects the performance? I have a k&n from a clio 182, and i felt it was really restrictive! I had it set inside the lower half of the box like yours. Surly it's just soaking hot air I'n from the

Wats your thoughts on this? Ta

It's certainly not restrictive in terms of throttle response. That said looking at the pic above, it look to be about double the lenght of the K&N one so I wouldn't expect it to be holding back in terms of intake.

Heat soak is probably the biggest factor in terms of affecting performance to be honest. On a cold, crips winter's day you may find a bhp increase where as on a hot summers day it'll be the opposite.

I've had first hand experience of this on my old Lupo Sport. It made 117bhp on a rolling road on a cool day, then wouldn't make more than 110bhp on a hot day with underbonnet temps a lot higher.

maggi112":2mequubb said:
I'll stick to standard myself, can't see how I know any better than the renualt engineers personally. Obviously some thought went into it too, given the bung

Don't forget though, that manufacturers have to make compromises. I'm not saying RenaultSport know less than the average bloke in his garage but don't forget they have to monitor emissions, noise etc. I'm not trying to convince anyone that this Green filter is giving the care more bhp but some modifications over manufacturers standards to improve performance.

The experience I had from an open filter on my Clio 172 was that with the stock airbox on, the throttle felt a lot tighter than with the open filter on. In reality I doubt it changed the performance. If it did, it was barely noticeable in the real world.

All I can say is that the Mrs is happy with the noice from it and it does sound awesome.

the box is good yet not good if that makes sense. the front scoop gets the air into the box well but the rest of the piping goes into a smaller size so bottle necks this up as well as having the resonator.
www.zircotec.com and get some ceramic back taped sheets and cover outside of airbox if your using one, will cut down on heat soak in the back and gold/silver reflective heat tape from DT or some where to wrap around piping. not pretty but if your running aftermarket panel filter and want to the best from it worth it and still cheaper then cone/enclosed kit. :)