Hmm nice noise!

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
rite. i want to remove the resanator box 2nite! and put back my K&N filter. just to see wat like.

AirFilter1.jpg

so the K&N will be in the Original Box for the panel filter, but whithout the lid. will taking the resanator away put more air into the box, then in theory into my K&N Filter?

and if i bought another air filter box ( so i have the original 1 incase i mess it up!)and amanded the lid to fit round the K&N would that give me any benifit and stop any heat soak?

thanks

Or, try this...

Image023.jpg

That is the Espace Veebox, full enclosed and a greater internal area. 110mm CAF and jobs and a good'un, nice induction grunt and minimal heat soak, plus, being 100% OEM (apart from the uprated filter I've whacked in).

I just wunna see if it's doable in the Twingo!! It has to fit!! Someone please try it, if it don't fit you'll be able to sell it on CS no problems.

I had one of these in my 172 but sold it before I got the Twingo :(

I have been looking out for another to try fitting in the Twingo though so I'll let you know when/if it works! :)

With an aftermarket filter, it provided the most gains on the Clios.

Matt":1gslbs58 said:

I have been looking out for another to try fitting in the Twingo though so I'll let you know when/if it works! :)

Yarp, hence why I very kindly asked Karl to order one in for me :cool: :oops:!! Wasn't the JMS Tuning one that got the most gains, though they just tinkered with this set up, so all in all, they are the same haha :lol:

would have to feed the piping by the fog light to get cool air and remove scoop to get that badboy in

Graham":22q3m738 said:
Matt":22q3m738 said:

Yarp, hence why I very kindly asked Karl to order one in for me :cool: :oops:!! Wasn't the JMS Tuning one that got the most gains, though they just tinkered with this set up, so all in all, they are the same haha :lol:
Yeah but the JMS tuning setup is simply the Esapce V6 box and an ITG filter :)

orbital":22q3m738 said:
would have to feed the piping by the fog light to get cool air and remove scoop to get that badboy in
Car is already prepped ;)

JMS have just ordered these airboxs i dont know if they are for cars they have due in but i know they have ordered them

rite well thats the resanator out! and K&N in. going to go for a blast the nite. see what its like. gonna try and think how to get more air from that pipe connected to the resanator box.

we shall c!

yet another thing on my to buy list :( matts sounded mint at the oxford meet, i need me some of that

Daveyb133":3nnpa1qd said:
yet another thing on my to buy list :( matts sounded mint at the oxford meet, i need me some of that
Just make sure you get yourself a silicone elbow... no cable ties like I did :p Had to replace them every week

so if i put an induction kit into the original air box, would i have to put the bung back in the bottom of it to decrease the hot air intake? would a heat shield do anything to stop it? im a bit confused now, lol. surely renault know best though, but the induction kit sounded EPIC!! if i put an exhaust on it too, could a map not be done with that and the filter to make things better again?

The bung would make no difference if you're only running half the box so whatever it easier really!

A remap will obviously help run things a bit better (especially with a new exhaust) but you're not going to see huge gains. I think a few people have already remapped and can give you a more precise answer!

i have this fitted now aswell with a 182 green filter, and it sounds amazing. no loss in power i noticed, it just seems so much more responsive though. gordy (lordyb) your filter is really small mate it must be restrictive, try maybe a bigger filter or come a run in myn one night?