How much is your RS to insure ???

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
just got mine done for 7th jaunary, with VAT increase and such hits 1000 with 3 named drivers all fully comp. saved about 90 odd quid with 5 ync, found out next year with 6 ill again have about 90 knocked off, year after that hitting 25 drops to half. haha jokes

I got mine down by putting the misses on the insurance and as i cycle to work everyday the car doesnt do many miles nomore so lowered the milage

Ollie133cup":1ttd3oz0 said:
Mines going up 200 quid by looks of it even tho I have a years extra ncb

Whatever you do mate don't go with your renewal price. They will always take the p!ss and you'll get it cheaper, even from the same company as a new quote.

I have been with Elephant for the last 4 years now, was a named driver before so have 4 years of my own no claims.

Each year my renewal comes through and it's either the same or more than the previous year. I then go onto their website and do my own quote, it usually comes in at £50-100 less than the renewal price. I've now got my insurance for my Twingo down to £300 and the Megane is now £525. If I'd just gone with renewal prices it would have been a fair bit more.

just check on price comparison websites well the major 3 anyway and all came up with around 1500quid for a year for my thats double what i paid last year fuckin joke anyway just tried individual companys and direct line are amazing £450 for the year for me 3 years driving now 2 years ncb

i am 19 nearly 20 been driving just over 2 years and on as a second driver and still getting quoted £2500 : / bad times!
must be classed as high risk in birmingham

Sam133":1bkzqsgr said:
i am 19 nearly 20 been driving just over 2 years and on as a second driver and still getting quoted £2500 : / bad times!

Wow thats pricey

Ollie133cup":2djj1mis said:
just check on price comparison websites well the major 3 anyway and all came up with around 1500quid for a year for my thats double what i paid last year fuckin joke anyway just tried individual companys and direct line are amazing £450 for the year for me 3 years driving now 2 years ncb

Price comparison web sites are crap unfortunately although they give the impression they'll save you money.

The only time they'll save you anything is if you are comparing it to your renewal quote and even then it's minimal. I used Confused.com to quote me on the Gordini, cheapest quote was about £600, most expensive was £3k!!! :shock: Quote on Elephant.co.uk directly was about £300!

Only real way of getting it down is to contact the companies directly and play them off against each other to get the price down further.

Wow, i am looking forward to my renewal this year fun times, hopefully mine will go down. only thing i can suggest is going direct to the insurance companies i got half price compared with the comparison sites.

Jordysport":ru495a6f said:
Wow, i am looking forward to my renewal this year fun times, hopefully mine will go down. only thing i can suggest is going direct to the insurance companies i got half price compared with the comparison sites.

Yea i know what your saying my misses just renewed her Clio Imusic and the insurance went up on that

Sam133":18z3gubj said:
Bloody he'll that's alot I have a limit of £1000 for insurance otherwise I'll just use my cheap second car

fuu, guys :shock: i always wondered and envied the relatively low prices of new cars in UK, but when i see those insurance quotas, there nothing to envy really :roll:

TripleJay":oaap3qeb said:
fuu, guys :shock: i always wondered and envied the relatively low prices of new cars in UK, but when i see those insurance quotas, there nothing to envy really :roll:
What's insurance like in Slovakia?

there is an obligatory insurance, needed to run car on streets legaly. The costs depend either on engine size or engine power. For Twingo RS, it would not be more than 150,- € a year. Facultative insurance covering costs of repair of my car if I have an accident /in case of theft/nature dissasters etc. is from 250,- to 400,- € a year.

I drive a Freeway...

Just turned 19 and I have been quoted 700 fully comp. with 2yrs no claims.

But i have just done a quote on a RS and it quoted me 900, i kinda wish i went for the sport now :/

I have been thinking about it to be honest, i might pop down to my dealer to see what they can do for me

If you dont ask you will never know. Thats what i dont with my GT and look where i am now :)

I just totally disregarded my own advice and went along with my renewal for the Megane!! lol

Usually I've been able to go online and get the price down further, then just renewed at that price. This year I couldn't get it down any further than the renewal which was £525, which I didn't think was bad.

Alex_225":3f08s3pr said:
I just totally disregarded my own advice and went along with my renewal for the Megane!! lol

Usually I've been able to go online and get the price down further, then just renewed at that price. This year I couldn't get it down any further than the renewal which was £525, which I didn't think was bad.

Problem is the premium rate has gone up meaning so have the prices :(