How often do you change your car?

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You people have too much money.. although Ghostz is playing tricks on me.

He showed me a 'second hand' facelift twingo RS with 1 km on the clock for 13000€.. it was for sale one day and it's already been sold but I was getting very tempted right there.

Reason why it was so cheap was because the person who ordered it, canceled his payment.

Anyhow, the Wind is my first official car and I still own it.

i had 2 cars in 6 years,

had clio 1.2 for 4.5/5 years as it was my run around whilst at school and uni and as soon as got a proper job and money i upgraded.

Dazza1":2p06xjuv said:
Alex just clocks the miles up on his other half 133 :lol:

If only mate, she does all the driving in her car. Don't get me wrong I've driven it around before but she uses hers to visit family in Bristol and drives to work in it. She's only doing 6,500-7,000 a year in it anyway though. :shock:

Only had 3 cars mainly.

V Reg Clio - last like 3 weeks. hated it after driving it once.

Twingo Dynamique - Had it for 3 years. nearly lost money on it due to finance

Audi A3 - had it for just over a year and will be around for a few more

Not very often....
First car was a Peugeot 206 who i gave to my dad and now I have clio who i will keep until I look to old for him, then i will buy something boring and economical :) :lol:

Miss dw118":1u5gmxgf said:
Not very often....
First car was a Peugeot 206 who i gave to my dad and now I have clio who i will keep until I look to old for him, then i will buy something boring and economical :) :lol:

hahaha love it!!

It's nearly exactly a year to the day when i bought the bmw (was going through some paperwork this morning), can't believe i'm not considering selling it and therefore it will be the longest i've kept a car!

same thing as MovingShadow said where do you get the money to buy a car every year O.O wish i could do that ....

also my very first car paid on my own is the Gordini i have now and i am wondering what should i get within 3-4 years when i get the money to buy something new :D im still thinking about that :p

I'm guessing as don't know without looking into it.

Cars
Peugeot 107 - 5 months
Twingo extreme - 10 months
Mk7 fiesta zetec - 7 months
Twingo rs133 - 6 months (current car)

Bikes
Honda ses125 Dylan - 5 months
Honda cbr125 - 1 year
Yamaha xj6n - 2 years (current bike)

I change fairly often but I'm sticking with what I have now. Car is awesome fun and haven't got any real reasons to buy a new bike even though I want one sooooooo bad.

1st Car: - Fiat Punto 1242cc 2000 'X'. (Owned: March 2009-March 2010)
Had previously been in the family since new and was my first car :) Great fun to drive (even if it was the 1.2) and I do miss driving it ocasionally. Owned/drove it for one year before deciding I wanted a Twingo!

2nd Car: - Renault Twingo Freeway 1149cc 2010. '10. (Owned: March 2010-Present)
My current car just over 2 years old. Owned since new and done 25k to date. Know all the history as I've had it from day one. Not looking to swap it yet but maybe in the next couple of years for *hopefully* a Megane 225. But we shall see.

17 years old (2007): Renault clio 1.4 grande (first car) s reg
17/18 years old: (2008) Citroen C1 VTR 58 plate (brand new loved the little thing)
20 years old: (2011) Renault twingo Dynamique (61 plate) current

Looking at keeping this for 3 years and trading it in for either an RS twingo or new clio

- R5 1.4 few months - totaled (my fault)
- another R5 1.4 few months - totaled (not my fault)
- R5 GT Turbo about a year - hailed to death (not my fault, obviously)
- R5 GTE a few months of restoring, 2 days on road - totaled (not my fault)
- R5 GTE LeMans a few months of restoring, few months of driving then someone offered me a clio
- Clio Valver 2 years and only one engine rebuild :)
- Twingo 133 almost 4 years and had more issues than with the R5s
- Clio 200... 500km on the clock :)

i can see me keeping my little twingo for a year or 2, then will get something utterly stupid while i still can.

Although after 21st, may get a toy for the weekends (not a battery oprated one at that), been looking into / saving a bit aside for one for a while now. Just need inspiration :(

I don't seem to get bored of driving my cars anymore. When I used to commute by car every day it totally took the fun out of driving.

Now I take the train I drive out of choice when I want too more so I enjoy driving in general a lot more.

2009 - Saxo 1.1
2010 - Saxo VTR
2012 - Clio 182

I planned on keeping my VTR longer but it had so many things wrong with it as wasn't worth fixing them. Only had the Clio 2 weeks so too soon to be thinking about the next car. Will most likely be some sort of hot hatch, or a VW Corrado :)

I've only been driving a year and a half and I wrote off my first car which was a Peugeot 206, 1.4. Lorry went over the front of the car, not pretty. Now got a vw polo 1.4s and want to get a gordini but insurance want another £1500 to change the cars on the policy when I've already paid £1834, so going to have to wait till June to get it now! Not happy!!!

Dan123star":2du6ueys said:
I've only been driving a year and a half and I wrote off my first car which was a Peugeot 206, 1.4. Lorry went over the front of the car, not pretty. Now got a vw polo 1.4s and want to get a gordini but insurance want another £1500 to change the cars on the policy when I've already paid £1834, so going to have to wait till June to get it now! Not happy!!!

u paid £1834 on insurance for a 1.4 polo?

manofhow":2sq8zhz2 said:
Dan123star":2sq8zhz2 said:

u paid £1834 on insurance for a 1.4 polo?

Yeah that's the best quote I found, insurance companies r*p* young drivers these days!!