I'm startin to hate my 133

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dazza1

Reaction score
I'm car is really annoyin me now. Pulled up and had both windows open and noticed a noise comin from the xzorst under the car so now my issues r wether strip fucked back seat fucked xzorst fucked drivers window rattles when not fully down and last but not least car dose not want to move when cold. In the 19 months I had my Gt it never went back for warranty work so I thought the rs would be even better

sad times Daz. All minor niggles, but rather frustrating as it is ongoing.

Weebob had the ecu re-flashed to sort his kangaroo, which improved things for him

Bad times man, think i have said this before, you dont seem to be having much luck with it.

The reflash really did the stuff for me. the car now really behaves itself. no kanagrooing and now stinking of fuel when cold. Also stuff it hunting at idle.

Soz to hijack slightly! I I went to my local dealers and said can I have the ecu reflash to solve he kangarooinf issue, they will do it?? Ta

I've only had the car 2 and abit months it seems everyday I'm findin new things out. The cold issue will they have to drive it cold or will the just do it ?

Lordyb":4rku8gfp said:
Soz to hijack slightly! I I went to my local dealers and said can I have the ecu reflash to solve he kangarooinf issue, they will do it?? Ta

Dazza1":4rku8gfp said:
I've only had the car 2 and abit months it seems everyday I'm findin new things out. The cold issue will they have to drive it cold or will the just do it ?

They checked mine over, plugged in a computerybob and it stated there was a updated mapping available. all done while I had a coffee. They didnt have to drive it while cold as apprently it is a known problem, renault have a technical article (?) on it

I havent had the car on the rollers to check the before and after difference, to only thing i have noticed is the lack of kangarooing etc.

Interesting can you did it out so I can show.my garage on it ? I asked them about a new map and they haven't had any news on one yet.

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio Z715e using Tapatalk

matbry01":ng4fj4sw said:
Interesting can you did it out so I can show.my garage on it ? I asked them about a new map and they haven't had any news on one yet.

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio Z715e using Tapatalk

Sorry nothing to show, the form (since binned) just had "reflash of the injection computer" on the worksheet.

Renault are going to look at mine for the same cold start issue when it next goes in, service is due in the next 2000 miles so it can wait till then, mines been problem free so far.

The exhaust I was worried about but keep it clear of crap and warm it up properly and its not shown rust yet. I'm thinking it sounds perfect at the moment, deffo better with more miles so hoping it doesn't actually need replacing if I look after it.

Feel sorry for ya daz.

I have some rattling noise on the left back side from the start ... .. was the same by old ph1 twingo

Update on my car. Had the new seat and weather strip fitted this Mornin as for the cold start nah we can't fault it waste of time leavin it there over night and xzorst nah it's not blowin the technician checked all the seals and it's ok I'm not happy with that so on my mates ramp it must go

So is the rattle sorted?

Did they check if there was a update available? The guys at my dealership said it was a known problem

weebob":137diul6 said:
So is the rattle sorted?

Did they check if there was a update available? The guys at my dealership said it was a known problem
Yeah weebob the rattle has gone :). Nope they said they have never heard of it before but he was sure to advise me that it's gonna get colder

Dazza1":6s09p8rt said:
weebob":6s09p8rt said:
So is the rattle sorted?

Yeah weebob the rattle has gone :). Nope they said they have never heard of it before but he was sure to advise me that it's gonna get colder

they said there was a technical note (or something like that) on the problem,, maybe something Karl can look at?

weebob":1jgg6yyg said:
Dazza1":1jgg6yyg said:
weebob":1jgg6yyg said:
So is the rattle sorted?

they said there was a technical note (or something like that) on the problem,, maybe something Karl can look at?
They said that no one with a 133 has taken it back to them with the cold start issue. I've gotta talk to RUK today so r talk to them

Dazza1":vqnsq8oi said:
weebob":vqnsq8oi said:
Dazza1":vqnsq8oi said:
weebob":vqnsq8oi said:
So is the rattle sorted?

They said that no one with a 133 has taken it back to them with the cold start issue. I've gotta talk to RUK today so r talk to them

Most dealers say that at first. They basically can't be arsed to spend 2 minutes looking on their computer system to find the bulletin about the issue. You've just got to be persistent to make them find it, but if you're now in contact with RUK, they'll probably tell the dealers where to look and it'll be sorted.

There is definitely an ECU update on the Renault system, which all dealers have access to. It is also definitely a known issue on their system. It's just not safety related, which is why they don't recall affected models or even ask customers if they've got the problem. They'll just repair upon customer complaint, which is pretty useless in my opinion :s

Monster Detail":2y8asqv2 said:
Dazza1":2y8asqv2 said:
weebob":2y8asqv2 said:
Dazza1":2y8asqv2 said:
weebob":2y8asqv2 said:
So is the rattle sorted?

Most dealers say that at first. They basically can't be arsed to spend 2 minutes looking on their computer system to find the bulletin about the issue. You've just got to be persistent to make them find it, but if you're now in contact with RUK, they'll probably tell the dealers where to look and it'll be sorted.

There is definitely an ECU update on the Renault system, which all dealers have access to. It is also definitely a known issue on their system. It's just not safety related, which is why they don't recall affected models or even ask customers if they've got the problem. They'll just repair upon customer complaint, which is pretty useless in my opinion :s
I've spoke to RUK matt they said I need to leave it over night AGAIN to look into it. I told them that I'm a member on here and not the only 1 with the issue

Thread revival!

I'm also having this issue with cold starts. Only 800 miles on the clock.
It's only when i set off for the first 50 yards...it settles down after that...is it worth taking in to get checked over?