Jakes Red RS133 CUP Progress

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Roberts

Reaction score
I bought the car back in December last year from Renault with 14k miles on it. I previously had a Corsa that was about to give up so I needed to change car. I looked at everything, I went to the local Renault garage, I saw two cars. A Megane Coupe, which was smart, burnt orange, full tom tom kit and every extra imaginable. I then saw the Twingo across the forecourt. I thought whilst I am looking no reason not to have some fun in it. Booked test drives for both, no intention of having the Twingo whatsoever. Long story short, bought the Twingo (obviously). The smile it puts on your face when you show it a corner is literally the reason I bought it.

I then waited 2 weeks to collect whilst they changed the lower arms and tyres. Those two weeks were long. Very long.

Car_zps41ee4544.jpg

First thing I changed was a practicality modification. I am a keen mountain biker and need a way to transport my bike. I had roof bars on my Corsa and hated them, it had to be a towbar for the Twingo. I found a Thule one with a detachable swan neck for £84. Bargain. I then tried to wire up lights e.t.c but after looking everywhere for information and help, nothing really come up. Test fitted the bike and found it cleared the lights which was lucky but not ideal. All I need to do is place a second number plate on the back when the bike is on. When the swan neck is off I get 2 brackets sticking out, I think it looks good, but that might be me being strange...

Towbar_zpsc99b2107.jpg

TowbarWithBike_zps70d05449.jpg

Next up was lighting, I haven't got round to fitting Osram Nightbreakers (Is that correct and are they worth £20?). But I have fitted LED sidelights. I love them. I think the camera has made them look brighter than they actually are but still they look very good. I was considering HID's but I do not fancy the hassle of fitting the ancillaries and from the the police.

LEDSidelights_zps57587295.jpg

That then brings us upto yesterday. It occurred to me that the "Twingo" decal on the tailgate looks naff and that it had to go.

TwinGone_zps8a4bea68.jpg

Future plans are;

-Full Detail (Monday's Job)
-Carbon Vinyl Front Number Plate Recess (Ordered the vinyl some time back just waited for weather to get better)
-Fit RS CUP Spoiler from Kawka (Image is from Kawka)

KawkaSpoiler_zpsb41f18aa.jpg

-Fit R.S Badge Onto Front Bumper (Ordered :) )
-Get Custom Exhaust Fitted by MIJ Exhausts in Walsall, got them to quote the one that mentioned in another thread.

ExhaustSystem_zpse59d5921.jpg

-BMC Panel Filter
-Couple of Decals
-Twingo Diffuser
-Rear Strut Bar

That's about it for now. Try and get it all done for FCS, can't let the side down and have a standard 133 on show lol.

What do you guys think? This is my first progress thread so may have been long winded... Thanks :)

so are you going for the Elia rear bumper and going for that 182 style dual exhaust tip?

Just the exhaust. Will it not work with the standard bumper, does the standard bumper not sit low enough?

offcourse it does, so you're just going to cut out an exhaust recess on the right hand side. that'll be quite cool

I thought I had missed something lol. I wondered why no one had done it. Yes all I will do is cut the recess out.

awch most of the guys on here just prefer to have an OEM+ style look going on. i got big enough raised eyebows no doubt when everyone seen that i put a fujitsubo jap-can on my rear end lol, but i think the 182 style exhaust will be really nice man. i suppose a lot of people are too scared to take their exhaust and cut it so just leave it the way it is

It might not come about, I might just stick with the single depending on the quote I get back. I did a mock up, excuse poor photoshop skills lol. I did an OEM and 3" round tail pipes.

CustomExhaustRound_zps54d3cc29.jpg

CustomExhaustOEM_zps54745c39.jpg

IMO the double circular exhaust would look brilliant if it was done well. Like a mini one of this:

Please please please please please do it :)

That is what I want. Just need to get the quote back. It is £285 cat back for the single. So hopefully less than £350 and I get the best looking exhaust for a twingo IMO. ;)

I think it looks good! Definitely would be better with a diffuser though :D

it's going to be extremely tricky though due to the wheel well, which is why the clio 182 didn't come with a deep well at all. the exhaust on the drivers side will be more like a pipe running across with a tip on the end of it for fitting purposes when it comes to a twingo but i suppose that's just the technical viewpoint. in the real world who cares what lurks beneath, it'll look the same from the outside

Exactly. I am sure MIJ who will do it should figure it out.

On another note forgot to add, I ordered a personal plate.

R5 JRX

My initials, JR. Plus Renault Sport Junior, With an X thrown in there. Maybe x-rated lol?

Hey :) some good looking plans there.
Sorry i Couldn't help but notice you mentioning a rear strut brace. Do you already have one? I sold my twingo over a month ago and kept a load of bits including the brace. If you're interested drop Maggi200 (my bf) a pm and he will give you some more details. We will both me at FCS in the 200t :)

Spoiler, plates and rs badge has come today. Pictures will come soon.

Also sorted the strut brace from Maggi! Project is on now!

The new spoiler arrived Thursday and I got it into the paint shop on Friday. Been quoted £50, very reasonable. Just waiting for the phone call now saying it's done. Probably Tuesday next week.

20140508_172814_zpspsw2d0oc.jpg

20140508_175659_zpsq7uooxbv.jpg

20140508_175720_zpsq1zxuskj.jpg

My FCS tickets, track pass, pressed plates and R.S badge come today. Next weekend will be a good clay bar session followed by carbon wrapping the front, fixing the plates and R.S badge.

20140508_173852_zpsgukp3gzn.jpg

This week has been pretty disappointing lol.

Firstly the spoiler has been put back a week due to body shop issues and me working away in Southampton next week :(

Vinyl wrapping the bumper, private plates and r.s badge has been put back a week too due to no authorisation letter from the DVLA for plates.

So I got busy and started painting Brake Calipers. Not the most fun jobs but definitely looks good. Makes me want to get some drilled and grooved disks.

20140517_201436_zpsxzhtdkhn.jpg

My cup spoiler from Kawka is finally on. I will upload a how to guide to fit it as in my opinion is isn't a straight swap and a little preparation is required. Once it is on it looks fantastic and fit is perfect.

Just want some good weather so I can detail the car and fit the new plates, vinyl and rs badge!

20140524_113324_zps1600fe89.jpg

20140524_113637_zps056c5d38.jpg

20140524_121242_zps5e3f22f6.jpg