Japanese Underbraces

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i had pro-speed look at the pics. just needs funds, time, and effort to get them made. my gearbox mounting is supported stronger like the braces to handle the heat and rattle of exhaust

Looks so simple to make, I'm sure it's be cheaper to have a custom one than a Renault one.

If you're getting prices though, exhaust too please ;)

There not renault numbers they must be brought via a aftermarket company by renault japan

sned renault.jp an e-mail. thats what i did to france, they replied back in english after a little bit. mega companies like that should have someone that can reply back to you

pro-speed exhausts was going to charge me about 160 for braces to be done in the same design, but havent got enough to do bulk order. although front bit goes under the undertray.

How many do they want for bulk order?
Is that finished or raw metal?

Undertray?? What's that useless piece of plastic you call an "undertray" :lol: I think mine is either in pieces or about to come off when I get it up on the 4 poster.

M

lol true, needs a true diffuser.
maybe they might drop it a bit if its a bigger order. it would just be the welded metal, not finish they dont have studio for such.

160 sounds like an alright price in all honesty, considering how much the ones for the Swift Sport are.
I'm sure we could get a bit of a group buy up soon =)

M

got under the car again today, removed the undertray and took some pictures. found a way which i believe the Japs have used to mount a brace to the front. theres 7 screws that screw into the sub-frame, from the six on the sides a frame could be made with only the middle and cross sections having to be slightly curved. this would allow a one piece to be made and bolted in a once,yet you would lose the undertray. the piping should have to be big or thick so in theory it could mount a flat sheet or anything to made a splitter. better then stock as its curved and odd shaped.

first picture shows the subframe
DSC00059.jpg

second highlights in red where the undertray bolted in and the mounting points that would be used. yellow lines are the brace, just done it roughly on paint using all 6 points, it could just be 4 on any of the even points even linking to the 7th which is in the middle at the top end by the bumper. in the centre was a bolting plate that it could be bolted to for extra strength or just go over it.
bracelayout.jpg

im guessing the GT and other models have used the same subframe so in theory it could fit that

i might have to sell the car so one would def be made and if theres interest i could send it off to be copied or just pass it on to a twingo owner to use, but thats worse case. if we're keeping the car i would take my time over it and wait till a few would like one made

**sorry my bad, just realised the Jap one starts from the last 2 bolts (bottem of drawn brace) and heads a bit lower, didnt really look under the car in that area so will take a pic tomorrow to see where it could bolt into. would it be better to have the brace under the engine like drawn or after the engine/front passenger area like the Jap one?? **

Looks like a good start Orb.

By the looks of the Jap one, where your first bar is, there is a single brace.
Where your second is, is where the XSection brace starts and goes back to mount on the chassis rails.

Good Diagram though bud =)

M

tempted to get the rear brace, flip it up sode down and see if i could mount it to the bolt holes on a cross section. lol

I work for Peugeot our cc models have these sort of braces fitted to stiffener up the chassis. I admire your dedication but generally normall cars dont need that level of bracing.
Having said that anything is possible, I think if you got some flat Barr 25mm x 3mm it would be quite easy to do.