jra3d's Rant

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jra3d

Reaction score
Ok so i'm in a mood today which I warn is not good for anyone!

But the one thing that really is getting on my wick at the moment is the constant HiJacking of threads to troll and post stupid idiotic pointless posts. Then chatting complete shite, I love this forum to bits but some people on here are over just getting opinionated and need to get back in their box, "I know best this is what needs to happen" why do that" blah bloody blah

Oh and yeah another thing, ClioSport this ClioSport that, well sit back in your chair and think about this! WTF are you doing right now slagging them off and comparing the size of your eballs to the next car that you can rip off. My twingo is better than yours mins quicker than yours. Your just turning this into ClioSport too.

I'm sorry this may not hit all the nails that i'm thinking right now but to be honest I've open the can of worms, who else would like to add stuff here? I know I won't be alone!

jra3d":1u6fh0qc said:
....some people on here are over just getting opinionated and need to get back in their box....

You want to re-think your post?

Everyone has, and is entitled to an opinion. If not, there would be no need for a forum (oh, and it may be an idea for people to look up the origins of the word 'forum'), as we would all think the same.

Too many youngsters are too precious about offending or being offended, and this is a direct result of the mollycoddling attitude that has been prevalent over the last 20 or so years. I've seen plenty of valid points removed by over-zealous moderation on various forums to try and keep the peace. Those places usually end up dead without
healthy discussions.

Moderators can stop bullying and can steer a topic, but please don't stifle debate just because you don't agree. That is not the job of a moderator. You are meant to defend the right of opinion, not suppress it.

You would be surprised how little moderation actually goes on fella.

Debate is healthy but when it gets personal and someone steam rollers people's threads with constant belittleing comments that's when I get annoyed. An I've seen that alot recently

Thats life im afraid. If you don't like what someone says then ignore them.
No one really cares if they are agreed with or not.
Take Kellys thread for example I mean 'hi here's my car'
What do you say to that?

'Oh thats nice'

Pretty boring thread sure I may not have done in it the right way but like most of my threads people join in and debate.
Who cares if opinions conflict?

Araf":194a539m said:
jra3d":194a539m said:
....some people on here are over just getting opinionated and need to get back in their box....

Everyone has, and is entitled to an opinion. If not, there would be no need for a forum (oh, and it may be an idea for people to look up the origins of the word 'forum'), as we would all think the same.

Too many youngsters are too precious about offending or being offended, and this is a direct result of the mollycoddling attitude that has been prevalent over the last 20 or so years. I've seen plenty of valid points removed by over-zealous moderation on various forums to try and keep the peace. Those places usually end up dead without
healthy discussions.

Moderators can stop bullying and can steer a topic, but please don't stifle debate just because you don't agree. That is not the job of a moderator. You are meant to defend the right of opinion, not suppress it.

Fully agree.... over moderation is the death-nail to many a forum... Its a very fine line and in my opinion the mods on this forum walk it very well.

Every so often things 'blow-up' due to one member or another and these people are routed out fairly quickly.

Name calling and aggression is something that needs to be stamped out. If I have a problem with someone, I take it up with them, name calling isnt necessary.

JoeRS133":1792g0t2 said:
Thats life im afraid. If you don't like what someone says then ignore them....

Maybe you should heed your own words rather than pointless name calling...

28405032.jpg

jra3d":29mb8dv8 said:
You would be surprised how little moderation actually goes on fella.

Debate is healthy but when it gets personal and someone steam rollers people's threads with constant belittleing comments that's when I get annoyed. An I've seen that alot recently

If there's little intervention by moderators, then what's your beef? :lol:

Belittling has its place. I'd love my stomach to be little. ;)

The tough job for you is working out where ribbing and mocking stops, and bullying starts. You must be doing a fair job though, as I haven't seen a lot of problems, so you must have got there quickly.

Yeah the majority is caught quickly by the mods that don't sleep it appears lol!

An as for issues it's around the moaning about cliosport when actually aren't we becoming them ourselves!