KamRS Cup

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looking nice and cleaaaaan... but only for a couple of hours. That same day started an 8 day tour of Belgium / France, meaning the front got completely splattered with bugs :(

Attachments

• WP_20140405_003.jpg
    WP_20140405_003.jpg
    202.3 KB · Views: 285
And on that note - wonder if anyone recognizes this stretch of road ;)

Attachments

• IMG_2333.JPG
    IMG_2333.JPG
    134.6 KB · Views: 282
So.. first major breakdown for the Twingo... well, semi-breakdown. On the way from Croatia to Prague, the clutch slave cylinder decided to start leaking fluid - in Austria, in a very mountainous region. Oh joy. Local garage first try top up the brake fluid. Then after I failed 3x to explain in very broken German that there seems to be a leak and finally got down on the ground and wiped some fluid up to show them, they lifted it and at first concluded it's engine oil (crap!) only to then take the cover off and conclude it's brake fluid (...). End result, 64 euro charged for the diagnosis and 0.5L of brake fluid for top ups... and an additional >200km of driving, just to stay on motorways to minimize the number of gear changes in hope that we make it to Prague, before the cylinder completely packs it in. From the garage to the outskirts of Prague, think I managed to do 550km in less than 10 clutch engagements! - later mostly a matter of notchy no clutch up and downshifts.

Now have 3 days to sort it out - hope we don't get totally ripped off (like I presume we would in Poland, with official Renault prices). Going to be an expensive maintainence month - lower arms, Cup shocks, a routine service coming up and now this :( Any users from Czech Rep here perhaps?

I've bloody had enough of Renault Poland - drove to the Renault garage in Prague, estimated cost for the above about 8-10k CZK. Called up Poland for a comparison - 20k CZK. This is getting ridiculous, they seem to think Renault buyers are millionaires. Same thing as the rear Cup shocks, which I ordered with Adam for nearly 4x LESS than what they cost in Poland.

Update from end of May - the Twingo got itself a bigger / older brother :) With number plates almost to match! Crappy pic, yes ;)

79YD349.jpg