madmatt's Jap Style Twingo - New Wheel Colour

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Last photo is full of win :D

Looks awesome especially with the square plate up front. I did a 'shop of the twingo when Renault first released it and I mocked up a square plate... Wish I went ahead with the idea now - nice one!

Cheers guys :)

James, the seats are Brilliant. Seriously comfy! They can go down a further 2 inches when I get my harnesses in too :)
I'm with you on the lowering though, just a wee 20mm drop would make a difference, but I'd also need something a little stiffer or with higher damping rates.
With the current offset, they scrub on the rear arch lip a little over bumps when I'm on my usual flying lesson ;)
Either that, or a little camber may come into play.

Cheers Matt, it keeps on surprising me how much it's changed the front end :) The Tegiwa plate hanger gives it a little more depth and angle too :D
I know, it's an awesome picture. M3 to the left of the photo and R33 GTR to the back ;) the joys of Knockhill on your Doorstep.

With that offset they fill the arches nicely.

I miss my ITR Recaros.....

Keep up the good work.

Sorry to keep brining it up, but are u getting any issues with heat soak into the filter?
And where is this exhaust video! Haha.

Again, great looking car!!

Mr_Ben":2gxo4nia said:

Keep up the good work.

Cheers Ben :)
The offset worked out well, just needs a wee drop on low :lol:
I'm glad I bought the Recaros, very comfy indeed :)

Lordyb":2gxo4nia said:
Looks stunning!! Great job!

Sorry to keep brining it up, but are u getting any issues with heat soak into the filter?

Cheers Gordy :)

Ha, don't worry about it mate.
It seems that it's close enough to the vent that it gets a constant stream of cold air at this time of year, I think the issue comes in the summer.
I've already wrapped the intake pipe to try and keep it cool and not become a shiny heatsink but I shall be redoing the intake in the summer.

I'm looking at building up an enclosed filter system (more of a heat shield than enclosed intake), using an Apexi Induction kit and duct it from over the top of the radiator.
Should give me a much better airflow too.

Exhaust wise, I need to do one soon. Will ask Kelly nicely if she can join me with her camera.
Planning on getting the front box taken out too now...

madmatt":3ifh0sqz said:
Mr_Ben":3ifh0sqz said:

Keep up the good work.

Cheers Ben :)
The offset worked out well, just needs a wee drop on low :lol:
I'm glad I bought the Recaros, very comfy indeed :)

Lordyb":3ifh0sqz said:
Looks stunning!! Great job!

Cheers Gordy :)

Ha, don't worry about it mate.
It seems that it's close enough to the vent that it gets a constant stream of cold air at this time of year, I think the issue comes in the summer.
I've already wrapped the intake pipe to try and keep it cool and not become a shiny heatsink but I shall be redoing the intake in the summer.

I'm looking at building up an enclosed filter system (more of a heat shield than enclosed intake), using an Apexi Induction kit and duct it from over the top of the radiator.
Should give me a much better airflow too.

Exhaust wise, I need to do one soon. Will ask Kelly nicely if she can join me with her camera.
Planning on getting the front box taken out too now...

That's cool! Cus I want to add some form of induction kit/filter, but £200 for the bmc CDA is alot of cash!
Great job!

Lordyb":1sh5bd0s said:
That's cool! Cus I want to add some form of induction kit/filter, but £200 for the bmc CDA is alot of cash!
Great job!
Closer to £150 but it's still a lot :?

scott133":1a730pmn said:
Matt what have you done to your exhaust if you don't mind me asking?

Of course I don't mind :)
I bought an aftermarket Backbox, Apexi N1 (60mm inlet) and got Stainless Creations in Falkirk to make up a first box back system around it.

Full 2" Stainless throughout.
Still has one remaining factory silencer which I think I might lose...
The Apexi N1 is designed to be straight through, there aren't any baffles, just a perforated pipe with sound deadending wrapped around it, so it does take a little out the sound but better flow that OE.

Hope that answered your question :)

jra3d":1a730pmn said:
I love flicking through this thread!
Cheers Man :D

cheers bud I'm thinking about taking my car to stainless creations sometime next month so just trying to get some ideas on what I can do.

What's the mushroom filter like? I've been thinking of getting one for my GT and making a heat shield and air feed for it.

Also where did you get it from?

Looks like quite a universal one.

I've got a few similar (one came of a b18 civic) that I'm tempted to fit but I've resisted as once it goes on I'll actually spend a lot of money modifying my car and I can't let that happen!

waitey":3rhpi0fb said:
What's the mushroom filter like? I've been thinking of getting one for my GT and making a heat shield and air feed for it.

maggi112":3rhpi0fb said:

I've got a few similar (one came of a b18 civic) that I'm tempted to fit but I've resisted as once it goes on I'll actually spend a lot of money modifying my car and I can't let that happen!

As James has said, it is indeed a Universal HKS Super Power Flow filter.
In a nutshell....it's LOUD AS HELL! VERY LARGE AND VERY LOUD.
It ranges from a Scooby esque burble to a throaty growl and the noise of the engine sucking in huge amounts of air :p
It does have a fair bit of heat soak on hot days, though on cold days it's great.

I can't, for the life of me, remember where I got it from but google HKS Super Power Flow Universal.

James.....JUST DO IT! ;)

Well, it's been a while but there has been some progress made..

Update soon including:
New Pedals/Clutch Rest
New Braking System
Front End Tidy
Progress to Harnesses ;)

madmatt":troa9n0z said:
waitey":troa9n0z said:

maggi112":troa9n0z said:

As James has said, it is indeed a Universal HKS Super Power Flow filter.
In a nutshell....it's LOUD AS HELL! VERY LARGE AND VERY LOUD.
It ranges from a Scooby esque burble to a throaty growl and the noise of the engine sucking in huge amounts of air :p
It does have a fair bit of heat soak on hot days, though on cold days it's great.

I can't, for the life of me, remember where I got it from but google HKS Super Power Flow Universal.

James.....JUST DO IT! ;)

Makes me wonder will the mushroom sound the same as the BMC CDA cause how you describe it i also get that scooby burble in streets where houses are closer together and you blast past them i <3 it :D

To be honest I think any aftermark induction system will have that effect. My open cone certainly did and everyone else with their DIY or expensive setups all report the same.

The noise is awesome I have to agree! :) The joys of a high compression engine I guess...