madmatt's Jap Style Twingo - New Wheel Colour

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Peter":26md2830 said:
Pic's or it didn't happen :D

Once I have everything, it shall happen :p

Pedals and footrest have arrived, wee bit of work before I fit them.
Front end is fixed but needs a good clean before I put any pics up :p
Waiting for discs, pads and fluid - pads need ordered from my Dad's contact at mintex, discs coming from Ireland.

STILL NEED THE DAMN EXHAUST VIDEO! Hahaha

Ask and you shall recieve!

Update on where my car's at now :)

Carbon/Kevlar Pedals and Steel Footrest
PicturesUnsorted1197.jpg

Footrest with Carbon/Kevlar Backing
PicturesUnsorted1198.jpg

Carbon/Kevlar Pedals
PicturesUnsorted1199.jpg

Exterior Shots - Front End Fixed and Tidied (no more tow strap)
PicturesUnsorted1200.jpg

PicturesUnsorted1202.jpg

PicturesUnsorted1203.jpg

PicturesUnsorted1204.jpg

PicturesUnsorted1205.jpg

PicturesUnsorted1206.jpg

PicturesUnsorted1207.jpg

Apexi N1 Universal Backbox with no Mid Silencer
PicturesUnsorted1208.jpg

One back seat in - both were out but needed another passenger :(
PicturesUnsorted1210.jpg

Evo 4 Recaros on OMP Subframes
PicturesUnsorted1212.jpg

Carbon Wrapped Radio Surround
PicturesUnsorted1213.jpg

Road Safety Flare, Fitted to some Japanese Cars
PicturesUnsorted1214.jpg

Engine Bay - Inlet Manifold painted Crackle Red
PicturesUnsorted1215.jpg

Some manufacturers stickers :)
PicturesUnsorted1216.jpg

HKS Universal Mushroom Intake and Heat-wrapped intake pipe
PicturesUnsorted1217.jpg

Cusco Breather Catch Tank
PicturesUnsorted1218.jpg

Still to Come:
M-Tec Black Edition Drilled Discs & HEL Stainless Braided Brake Lines - Looking at Mintex Competition Spec. Pads, probably 1177s.
PicturesUnsorted1196.jpg

Red Luke 6 Point, 3" Strap Harnesses - Rear Loops on Fabricated Bar. (sorry for the crap pic, still in my Dad's 172 Cup Rally Car)
PicturesUnsorted1219.jpg

Looks good but cant help think the front would look better with the top of the reg plate recess black also. Doesnt look right with the top and extreme sides still red.

N0ddie":1pb6z8on said:
Looks good but cant help think the front would look better with the top of the reg plate recess black also. Doesnt look right with the top and extreme sides still red.

Agreed. And maybe some carbon mirror caps and fog surrounds? To keep the red and black theme going

N0ddie":d035rgcw said:

Agreed. And maybe some carbon mirror caps and fog surrounds? To keep the red and black theme going. Or fast a furious style with red neon ;)

Otherwise your car looks amazing :p

N0ddie":2mokehw0 said:

I agree with you matey, needs to be redone professionally.
It was something I did a while back quickly so it's a bit rough, but all in due time.

Thinking of Carbon anthracite parts with intererior/engine parts being Carbon/Kevlar :)

I love your inlet paint in red !

something funny we don't have the boney closing sensor system on french car ! oO

I did that as well.. Stickers from BMC, Forge & Weitec on the inside of my engine bay. I like your RS alot.

MovingShadow":2ehf4do7 said:
I did that as well.. Stickers from BMC, Forge & Weitec on the inside of my engine bay. I like your RS alot.

Hahah, Great Minds and all that :)
Thank you very much :)

mazmaz":2ehf4do7 said:
I love your inlet paint in red !

something funny we don't have the boney closing sensor system on french car ! oO

Thank you :) It's grown on me but I'm starting to think about something different...
That would make sense, I always thought it looked like an afterthought..

I've been kinda busy...

Brakes
Changed front brake discs to MTec High Carbon Drilled Comp. Discs with Black coating so the non friction surfaces don't rust. Also carried out a Stud Conversion :)
IMG_8393.jpg

OMP Road and Sport Pads all round.
IMG_8394.jpg

IMG_8396.jpg

IMG_8397.jpg

HEL Stainless Braided Lines.
IMG_8395.jpg

IMG_8398.jpg

Gulf Competition RF800 Brake Fluid
IMG_8399.jpg

After a couple of days light use -
IMG_8402.jpg

Lights
Fitted Carbonfanatics LED Kit.
Well worth doing, especially with the Clio Interior Light - it's like a damn flare in there now...asides from the Flare that is IN there but hey :lol:
IMG_8415.jpg

IMG_8414.jpg

IMG_8408.jpg

IMG_8405.jpg

IMG_8416.jpg

Interior
Retrimmed my doorcard inserts with BRIDE material - for those that don't know, they make Sports/Racing Seats in Japan (or Taiwan or Canada if you believe eBay :lol:).
Just to keep up the Jap theme :)
IMG_8401.jpg

IMG_8409.jpg

IMG_8411.jpg

IMG_8410.jpg

Hope you enjoy :D

Cheers guys :)
Haven't had a chance to use them in anger yet, still bedding in. But once I do, I shall let you all know :D

Seems promising so far :) Didn't take a picture of the pads before I binned them but the rear inside pads were tapered to ALMOST metal....which is odd, didn't think they'd wear so fast....

Anywhoo, the brake bite point is much higher up than before but will give them a good stamp once they're bedded in and find out if it needs rebled or not :lol:

Wheels have been powdercoated :D

The paint on the Rotas was starting to flake badly so I went to Back o Hill Powdercoaters in Stirling (Highly Recommended by the way!) and got them re-done :)

IMG_8709.jpg

Please excuse the dirt, not exactly been dry here....at all!
IMG_8710.jpg

Got some Toyo R1R Tyres for it too. Well Recommended - Much Stiffer sidewalls than the T1-Rs, half the treadwear rating (twice the wear), disperses water very well :)
IMG_8711.jpg

Definitely needs to be lowered some!

White makes them look so much smaller Matt. Dropping it a little would make it look spot on I think.

How long did back o hill take to do them?

manofhow":qzp26vqi said:
looks good
Cheers dude :)

scott133":qzp26vqi said:
White makes them look so much smaller Matt. Dropping it a little would make it look spot on I think.

How long did back o hill take to do them?

I know :( At least springs but it's rubbing somewhere right now over bumps and I can't see where AT ALL :(

Dropped them off at 8:40am, got a text at 3:20pm saying they were ready! :eek:

makes sense now when you said at jumanji nights how your twingo has more JDM parts than most of the bangers there! beatifullllll

madmatt":fjkrfzdg said:
I know :( At least springs but it's rubbing somewhere right now over bumps and I can't see where AT ALL :(
Maybe the rear end. Have a look at the top of the arch, up inside the plastic extension, theres a lip where the original body inner arch is.