Martin's Ph2 172

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Martin_172

Reaction score
well its Clio number 8 for me, Clio RS number 4 and Clio 172 number 3!!! here she is....
94340542509556125542599.jpg

it needs work, an mot but its straight, good condition, full history, recent cambelt change so its an awesome base to begin with

watch this space!

MovingShadow":2h75czwx said:
So ITB's and supercharging is going to happen when? :p

Theres several high powered Mk2s now, with Supercharged/turbo. So, at least its not a dive into the unknown :)

I noticed, when looking at Ktec on Facebook it looks like their biggest amount costumers are Clio 172's hence why they get all the fun upgrades.

More costumers < more R&D to aftermarket parts.

It always takes time. Most 133s will be relatively new with warranties to consider. 172s are cheap and no warranty. How it works, there's no market usually. JDM being the usual exception.

can we keep chat on your favourite boy bands to a separate thread please guys!

car is getting new engine mounts so decided to give the engine a clean up...

as it stood
wp000317a.jpg

rocker cover (car had a new engine recently and it had apparently been sitting under a cover outside for a while)
wp000318w.jpg

inlets, engine mount and fuel rail guard painted (throttle body was also done later on)
wp000320.jpg

rocker cover was done high temp matt black
wp000324g.jpg

ill update with pictures when its all fitted back on once the new mounts are fitted and its back together.

gave it a quick going over with a clay bar and then the machine polisher to bring the paint back into some sort of reasonable condition and then decide what panels need paint
96452542592122589651595.jpg

wp000307l.jpg

Looks a great improvement so far :)

You can get paper down to 3000 grit, but its a little late now

Fantastic tip on the headlights there - my scenic has jsut had an advisory on its MOT for discoloured headlights - wet and dry on order now :) much cheaper than two new lights!

Can even see that there is another clio reflected in the lights! glad to see someone else likes them as much as me.

cheers for the comments guys, very happy with how its turning out, cant wait to get it mot'ed and on the road now.

ordered a brand new genuine Renault exhaust for it today so its nice and quiet!!

tommy89":bwnx0n4p said:
Fantastic tip on the headlights there - my scenic has jsut had an advisory on its MOT for discoloured headlights - wet and dry on order now :) much cheaper than two new lights!

Can even see that there is another clio reflected in the lights! glad to see someone else likes them as much as me.
glad I could help :)

yeah that's our little 54 plate 1.2 16v, one of our ex driving school cars it "retired" in 2007 and we just kept it as a spare incase any of the driving school cars are involved in an accident or broken down, it comes in handy now and again, im using it at the moment its done 130k miles, never had anything replaced other than timing belt, tyres, brakes, oil and filters!! now it sometimes sits for a month or 2 then starts first time! - Think its possibly going soon though as we have an 11 plate Twingo were going to keep instead

Martin_172":uqvocnpy said:
glad I could help :)

yeah that's our little 54 plate 1.2 16v, one of our ex driving school cars it "retired" in 2007 and we just kept it as a spare incase any of the driving school cars are involved in an accident or broken down, it comes in handy now and again, im using it at the moment its done 130k miles, never had anything replaced other than timing belt, tyres, brakes, oil and filters!! now it sometimes sits for a month or 2 then starts first time! - Think its possibly going soon though as we have an 11 plate Twingo were going to keep instead

They are surprisingly strong little cars! To go that far after being a leaner vehicle - you must have got a good one! Wish my cars would sit for even a week and then start - My bargain 206 sits for a few days and then all I get is an annoying "click click click" - Cant beat a decent clio!

Your 172 looks like it will turn into a stunning example!

ordered all 4 engine mounts, coolant temp senor, thermostat and type D coolant...
wp000364.jpg

wp000434i.jpg

removed the powerflow stealth and got a genuine system as I wanted it quiet...
wp000453n.jpg

wp000454g.jpg

alcantara pillars
wp000448.jpg

front end refresh and eibachs
wp000476r.jpg

wp000480y.jpg

retro fitting cruise control, just waiting on the new airbag and buttons arriving
wp000473.jpg

how it stands after off of that and a fresh MOT (needed a set of wiper blades and a lambda sensor)
wp000471.jpg

wp000467k.jpg

Looks really good mate and flame red is a lovely colour?

What's the mileage by the way? Does your dephaser sound ok? Typically the cambelt on mine was done a couple of years back but had the lot swapped out coz of the dephaser.

I'm really wanting to get the paint or polish the inlet cover on the engine as my mate is in the process of spraying up the plastic engine cover.