Mudflaps??

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here are the standard Renault ones on my car, well the rear ones anyway. I have got some on the front too. :)

294348_2114161907986_1663834932_2046989_4696730_n.jpg

7220452026_07cae06077_z_d.jpg

7220457582_fe7aab13ae_z_d.jpg

7220458832_043239018e_z_d.jpg

The rear arch extention of the RS has a large return lip which makes it easy to drill attachment holes and use fir tree clips to hold the flap in place. The non RS models only have a small return lip and this would probably be tricky... The Renault mudflaps shown by Sam may be a better option as they ae made for the Non RS Twingo
7220460158_a78b929942_z_d.jpg

Angle bracket used to support the inner edge was just added onto the bottom of the bumper mounting
7220461056_9b583aa201_z_d.jpg

Two firtree clips go through the flap and bracket, then hold onto a small offcut of mudflap material
7220462044_f6ba71a219_z_d.jpg

7220454912_13940d777c_z_d.jpg

The front arch extention return lip is much smaller, meaning the holes need to be drilled quite carefully 6mm holes and firtree clips are ok. The inner two holes needed to be carefully positioned to clear the metal lip which was hidden behind the vertical bump of the arch liner
7220456076_53542040ae_z_d.jpg

I did spend a while, mocking up cardboard templates but the actual mudflaps are easy to cut with a steel ruler and stanley knife for the straight bits and drawing round a 10p coin before cutting with a pair of sharp scissors worked well for neat corners. A sharp 6mm drill was used for the holes, which suited the 6mm firtree clips.

neil, they look the muts nuts. definitely a useful mod to a twingo, especially the rear ones.

shame they arent gordini blue but they still look awesome!!!!

Those look sweet Neil. Definitely give a nice little rally look :)

DrDrew":3bb56mr5 said:
Those look sweet Neil. Definitely give a nice little rally look :)
I think the blue only works with the 15" wheels which give a bit of a rally look. Black would probably be better with the 17" cup alloys and be much more subtle. However, personal choice and all that ;)

HigtonA":ntsmyvsv said:
Sam did you fit them yourself? Was it hard?

Relatively simple.

Alls you need is a torque screwdriver (and as my employers manufacture torque equipment, I just borrowed one from work lol).
Remove the dummy screws in the bumper and under the wheel arch (from my recollection there are 3 for each wheel), position the mudflaps in place and then secure them in with the new screws. If you have the flaps lined up correctly they should line up with the existing holes on your bumper/wheel arch to fit the screws, so you shouldn't need to drill any. :)

Sam have u got a picture of the mudflaps from the rear as on the web it says they are non comparable with rear diffusers and need to c how close they will get?

alanjar":3t9nxzh8 said:

3 questions, which type of mudflaps are yours, where did you get them from and are they difficult to fit?

holliedynamique":16rsx23c said:
Sam have u got a picture of the mudflaps from the rear as on the web it says they are non comparable with rear diffusers and need to c how close they will get?

From the rear of the rear, or just the rear? (without making that sound too dodgy :lol: ) I haven't but I can take some for you tomorrow?

Standing straight behind the car and taking a straight pic so you only see the back if that's okay :D thanks sam

holliedynamique":sls0xnh7 said:
Standing straight behind the car and taking a straight pic so you only see the back if that's okay :D thanks sam

Ok I got a couple! They didn't come out too good cos the weather is crap here today and my car is also filthy lol. Let me know if they're any good, if not I can go and take a few more haha!

100_1238.jpg
100_1239.JPG

Thanks Sam, they look like they would fit ones with rear diffusers as they don't seem that wide hmmm!!!

holliedynamique":35mz1f9t said:
Thanks Sam, they look like they would fit ones with rear diffusers as they don't seem that wide hmmm!!!
Yeah they're not bad! I was tempted to spray them the same colour as the car but then thought it'd just look stupid! Besides I quite like the "black on silver" effect.