My new RS in Liquid yellow

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mike69":1ufctiht said:
I have just bought the Renault sports exhaust from my dealer at a cost of £900
It.s twin pipe at the end and stainless as well.
Has any one got any idea what this is gonna sound like or if it makes any difference to the performance..?
Renault UK bless em and my dealer have no idea haha how mental is that about there own products.
It took them 2 months to get the part number as well.
Also can you fit the gordini twingo turbo to this model...? Love to hear your replys guys and thank you so much for all your kind comments on the car, She is very special and be great to meet up at some point with some of you at meets.

Not sure about the RS exhaust but as for the turbo question there are no Twingo RSs with a turbo because no one has figured out/bothered to do it yet the only turbo Twingos are the GTs which are 1.2T so don't work with the 133 engine

Mike69":knsbdkhz said:
I have just bought the Renault sports exhaust from my dealer at a cost of £900
It.s twin pipe at the end and stainless as well.
Has any one got any idea what this is gonna sound like or if it makes any difference to the performance..?
Renault UK bless em and my dealer have no idea haha how mental is that about there own products.
It took them 2 months to get the part number as well.
Also can you fit the gordini twingo turbo to this model...? Love to hear your replys guys and thank you so much for all your kind comments on the car, She is very special and be great to meet up at some point with some of you at meets.

'RS exhaust' is the pre facelift silverstone one, its just a back box and doesn't fit the face lifted RS' rear bumper as someone tried it, also £900 sounds alot! Unless they secretly brought out a whole new system without anyone knowing as Karl could get the RS rear silencer for £600 for us.

As for turbos no, you can't just bolt on a turbo as the internals won't be up to scratch, you would have to get it all custom made which will cost alot.. Ktec did say there is just enough room for a low boost turbo to be added at the back of the engine, but the price of all the work on a new 133 would cost more than the 200T in LY.

There is a manifold/cams combo which gives ~160bhp from ktec though ;)

Also instead of turboing, fitting the 182 engine would be cheaper and has already been done by jordysport, there's also a meg engine conversion underway both of which have a progress thread on here

Well Renault just refunded me for the exhaust after i claimed it will not fit the new face lifted 133 RS.
I shall get a sebring back box custom made and in chats with them now. What about an air filter upgrade what do you all recommend..? I like K and N or green cotton are good. Something that sounds a bit more throaty would be great.

Car looks great mate I've just bought the same setup but opted for the slightly less costly capsicum red haha. Interesting reading about your new modding plans, I'm planning a few track days in mine starting with the stock setup, make sure to let us know how it goes

Please Mike when the time is right let me know when you consider selling your Twingo, I'm looking for a late facelift model preferably in Liquid Yellow.
Many thanks,
Andrew

Edgey1":18rep1yb said:
Please Mike when the time is right let me know when you consider selling your Twingo, I'm looking for a late facelift model preferably in Liquid Yellow.
Many thanks,
Andrew
There's one on ebay atm! Looks very nice

Fantastic colour love it!

Also I'm looking for an upgraded exhaust and if i could keep it renaultsport that would be awesome... whats this uprated RS exhaust mentioned here I've never heard of one... I have a cup 133 2009 but pretty sure there is nothing special about the exhaust on it so a OEM upgrade would be ideal