New alloys for my Silverstone?

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Was looking at these!?
14AAAE5C-8DF8-4DDF-A76A-AC32E9839CAC-1909-000000A35B767FE5.jpg

https://www.elia-tuning.de/index2.php

Don't think small spokes alloys are for me!
But having second thoughts about alloys because, it's gonna cost alot of cash. Near £1000 to get it all sorted!
Can't decide! Haha!

BlackTwingo-i":3nfkrelj said:
182's. that is all.

Yeah I was doing a rough costing for yours: lol

Alloys = £450
Tyres = £350 (delivered, not fitted)
Alloy refurb and paint = £240 (£60per alloy)

Total = £1040

That's a lot of cash for wheels!
I'm not saying yours are expensive, I'm just having second thoughts about buying new alloys all together as there all going to cost that, but if I buy brand new I won't need to refurb, etc.

And part of me doesn't want to sell the original alloys, so I can put it back to standard at any point!

And I'm getting married this year and £1000 is a lot for wheel and not urging that for wedding!

I HATE MONEY!!!!

I paid £125 for 182 wheels (total rubbish condition though). £168 for a refurb at max powder (was concerned it seemed cheap but their work seems top notch and they have good rep in the BMW world) and tyres at £55 a corner for Conti sport contact 3s...

Gonna be far cheaper after the second set of tyres, including th refurb. And my cup alloys could do with a refurb themselves.

I'm lucky the wheels I bought are straight and without serious dents or marks though.

maggi112":3shlqnov said:
I paid £125 for 182 wheels (total rubbish condition though). £168 for a refurb at max powder (was concerned it seemed cheap but their work seems top notch and they have good rep in the BMW world) and tyres at £55 a corner for Conti sport contact 3s...

Gonna be far cheaper after the second set of tyres, including th refurb. And my cup alloys could do with a refurb themselves.

I'm lucky the wheels I bought are straight and without serious dents or marks though.

Where are u getting tyres for £55 per corner?

And what are the full size of Clio alloys? Ta

I got them off the Internet. Think Camskill had them on offer. Ill look, as I can't remember as I looked at a lot of websites. Tyres are also being fitted and balanced for free.

And the 182s are 16" 7j et45

Which means you have a slightly higher profile tyre (more comfortable for a start) but its the same width alloy, with an offset that will sit the face of the wheel 10mm nearer the arch.

Yep that's what ~£53 + vat comes to. Last price I got for 17" contis was £120 (I've given up looking as most places don't even list them anymore)

So assuming them prices are average, for me the costs are after 1 change of 4 tyres:

£480 for the 17" or £549 for the 16"

After 2 sets:
£960 for the 17" or £805 for the 16"

And the longer it continues the bigger the potential saving of course.

Thats not what I did it, of course it helped justify the purchase.

I still want the 15" oz f1 but that's another story :lol:

Haha. Ok.

Yeah I just don't no if I can justify spending that much all at once!
And I'm still not 100% sold on 182 alloys on the RS. I dot no why!! Lol!

maggi112":3msacbdm said:
Too much if you're not sure then really.

Any of the speed lines?
Haven't looked. Will do!
I think I'm after something that looks similar to the twingo RS cup alloys but 16" in size!

Not sure on that one.

But turinis would look spot on. Could also look at some compomotives. Some of the mo5s would look good (flat face probably preferable IMO) and mo6 too.

Or you could look at the oz supertutismo (as you pictured above) or the ultraleggera

These alloys from the Fabia vrs sent far from the RS Twingo alloys!

Wonder if ther 16" and would fit my Twingo?

809E4AA9-C862-49F0-9BA2-5F4DAC9C794B-4950-000001BE9327781B.jpg

Excuse the Bow tie, don't know who the car belongs to, so thought I should cover the plate! Haha!