Not a Twingo - My wedding car :P

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tommy89

Reaction score
Some of you may remember that I bought an old 206 for £350 from a barn - Well, over the months of owning it my partner really fell for it so we decided to use it for our wedding car (like the twingo would have been if i didnt have to sell it)

So it started out like this :

Then I set to work:

Sprayed front bupers
Sprayed mirror caps
new drive shafts
new tyres
old stereo I had knocking around
New side speakers
replaced some hubcaps that were missing (scrappers £2!! Yay)
general cleaning (took me two days to get the interior back to blue)
small service :)

And on the day it looked like this:

Not a lot of a change tbf - but all done nice and cheaply (apart from the drive shafts and tyres - dont want to economise on those things! :D

Ha! thanks :p

I think I may have locked myself into a life of peugeots aswell .... the wife loves the 206 and wants to swap it for a newer one, she found one that was £3500 for an 07 one! Could get a decent twingo for that!

tommy89":3fkk15rh said:
Ha! thanks :p

I think I may have locked myself into a life of peugeots aswell .... the wife loves the 206 and wants to swap it for a newer one, she found one that was £3500 for an 07 one! Could get a decent twingo for that!

At least its frenchbred.

(however I get a funny feeling my next one wont be)

tommy89":304lmiox said:
oooo! How can you leave the delights of french motoring? :D
Just having a couple of thoughts at the mo, all will be reveled

Aww well done, it looks fab! Congrats on the wedding & money saving vehicle! Martin Lewis would be proud!!

I look forward to the reveal weebob :D

Thankyou Blondie - at the moment its a money saving car but as soon as it goes pop i wont be spending too much on it - straight to the scrappers in the sky! hopefully replace it with a 107/ aygo or similar simply for their massive chapeness to run!

I loved the two weeks I had in a 107. Did about 1k in it, leathered it everywhere. Just good basic fun.

My mum used to have one and my brother had a C1 - Took mums to the isle of wight whilst I was between cars (clio went pop) It was so easy to drive and great fun getting to 60. I know I may get shot down in flames but it seemed to be quite powerful to me coming from a 2004 1.2 clio loaded full of heavy extras.

Wanted one ever since (Twingo was cheaper) but they are finally getting cheap enough for us to have as a second car :D

If only they did one with firmed up suspension and decent seats. Wouldn't change the engine, I know what you mean, it doesn't feel gutless when it really should.

My friend has an XS - looks great on the outside and love the rear central exhaust - But it could certainly benefit from some twingo 133 seats or something peugeot -y. Maybe some nice citroen C2 seats... ooo I can feel the ideas coming on!

I had a pug 107
Great lil car, cheap and cheerful but I was talked into getting the wrong colour & never bonded with it so it had to go!!

Blondie":1fpupn60 said:
I had a pug 107
Great lil car, cheap and cheerful but I was talked into getting the wrong colour & never bonded with it so it had to go!!

Was it bright yellow?

tommy89":dnf8on8i said:
My friend has an XS - looks great on the outside and love the rear central exhaust - But it could certainly benefit from some twingo 133 seats or something peugeot -y. Maybe some nice citroen C2 seats... ooo I can feel the ideas coming on!
Xs would be the one, but not around new anymore, like you say, seats still need work.

Did the Toyota or citron ones do similar?.

Damit - I have just spent half an hour looking at xs's on autotrader - this may be an expensive summer!

tommy89":3a3p55j1 said:
Damit - I have just spent half an hour looking at xs's on autotrader - this may be an expensive summer!
I will get slammed for this. But by jebus I had fun in that bogo basic 107. Got 40mpg + driving it as a loan car should of been.
There is always something about a 3 pot that just begs a thrashing.

If I went for a run in the 'wingo (to a lesser extent) or now the Clio it hurts my pocket. This didn't, which is a win. You also didnt find yourself in 'lose your license' speeds. Can't afford to go for a thrash in the Clio any more and I miss it.

When you are bottom rung, performance doesn't matter.

It does feel like more of an achievement in an underpowered car to have a spirited drive, actually makes you use the gear box a lot more - my driving got very lazy when i had the sportka (not fast to most, but it was to me) no changing down as the engine was capable in higher gears - now in the 206 (or soon to be future 107 haha) I have to work to get it to speed.

The ka used to go 210 miles on a full tank - that was painful!! now the 206 will go 490 miles before the red light comes on for about £50!

Love the burble of the 107 at "pushin it" revs - sounds like a chavs saxo! :D