Not a Twingo - My wedding car :P

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ffs. Spent all night in the pub. Now home looking at 107's, danger danger

They do sound great

HA!! that means both of us have had the exact same night - booze and car plans never mix. That is how I came to own the sportka! badtimes

tommy89":3g5mueqa said:
Blondie":3g5mueqa said:
I had a pug 107
Great lil car, cheap and cheerful but I was talked into getting the wrong colour & never bonded with it so it had to go!!

Was it bright yellow?

Ermmmm no! Why do you ask?!

weebob":13q98ioc said:

They do sound great
Don't get 1 bob there shit cars my mother inlaw has 1 and there crap

Cos you mentioned you got the rong colour - aand they look awful in yellow! Not sure why so many people had them in the colour when there is so much bodywork on show inside.

Currently looking at a black xs! Very nice indeed!

Dazza1":3e1uhjxy said:
weebob":3e1uhjxy said:

They do sound great
Don't get 1 bob there s**t cars my mother inlaw has 1 and there crap

Ha! That's is the exact same advice I got about both clios and the twingo - luckily I ignored it and went with what I liked - otherwise I would have ended up with other peoples dull sugestions like ford fiestas and golfs - both the dullest piles of crap I have ever sat in :D

A 107 requires some imagination and a sense of hunour to enjoy - I agree, when an old lady has one and trundles about getting in the way, then yes they are hate filled god awful lumps of french metal - same story for the twingo though :)

I have driven one long distance, been a passenger in two for over 3 years and observed the fact that ours never went wrong and supprised each driver. My mum who is a 65 year old 5 ft lady enjoyed taking it to the red line and abusing it everyday - it never missed a beat. Can't really ask much more of a car than to be reliable and make you smile in my mind.

Don't get me wrong - I'm sure. Twingo 133 is a far superior car in every way .. But to poor folk like me who are just starting out with a bought house and no debts at 23 - the idea of cheap motoring (hence the 206 I have) is very enjoyable :)

Do they? I apologies as I have never heard of this - I am only going offf what I have experienced of them. A citroen c1 that covered 47k miles including a learner and a 107 (ragged by my mother oddly) that left us at around the 60k mark (can't remember exactly).

The only one that is still known to me is my mates xs but that's only done about 12k and its an 07 - that hasn't gone yet (still time to I suppose).

Mind you - this could be linked to all of the ones we have had the optional rev counter - I wonder if its to do with useless drivers not using their rev counter?

Ah I see!! Not it wasn't yellow it was just the wrong colour for me and so we never bonded!! He had to go! lol

Blondie":2jlvshpu said:
Ah I see!! Not it wasn't yellow it was just the wrong colour for me and so we never bonded!! He had to go! lol

ah fair enough - My mum had a black one and by brother had a red c1 - I thought swapping bits between the two might look quite nice!

Hmm perhaps not quite the bargain they seem to be! we had an 07 and an 08, I wonder if it was different ages that were affected? as it just seems odd that two badly treated examples didn't show any of these things :S

tommy89":1qhfkven said:
Blondie":1qhfkven said:

ah fair enough - My mum had a black one and by brother had a red c1 - I thought swapping bits between the two might look quite nice!

Oh yes!! Fab idea :)