Panel Filters?

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Karl

Reaction score
Are they worth the money?

I keep umming and rring if i want one or not but really will it make a difference ?

I'll probably go back to standard airbox and aftermarket filter because running an open cone is sucking in way too much heat and at certain revs I can definately notice that, even with a heatsheild... doesn't really do much.

Must be better than standard, right!?

Yeh it is better better then standard but u don't get any noticeable gains or anything.

I had a K and N apollo didnt rate it so went back to standard and just keep thinging about a panel filter.

i had to change my closed intake system due to provide not enough air towards ktecs remap which ran very lean air in :(
gonna have to make it inclosed soon though, heat shield is doing its job but its only a 1/3rd the size of the filter :(
going to buy some nimbus heat shield material, block off the induction side from the engine block and modify an small exhaust box to hose the filter and coat it in carbon.

stil best system i had was inclosed viper with straight through piping and scoop, same throttle responce as a cone but its all cold air

I'm going to pop in a Ktec one come service time - I'll probably leave it for you to do Karl (or whoever at your garage does)

Shouldnt be a problem. I might just awaiting david from k tec to come back with the price then go for the plunge

really should start getting my airbox made lol. been putting it off for ages. dont like the way ktec panel fitted in there, bit floopy, greens panel is quite good.

Only people i kn ow to make them at the moment is Ktec and pipercross think there the same filter aswell by the looks

Try and retrofit a Clio 172 ph1 airbox (2 small ports on the airbox) or the Espace V6 airbox (single large port). Proven to give the most gains on the Clio RS's and is a damn sight cheaper than any cheap pointless k&n induction kit or other variations i'd of thought.

I was planning on trying the v6 box at some stage, need a samco elbow first though...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1.6 clio panels are the same as 133's i've found. used greens one. carbon airbox should hopefully be at Kam decemeber