People carriers

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

XNicolalaX

Reaction score
I thought I would post this because I don't know whether it is just me, but I will be happily driving along, and come to a set of traffic lights when middle aged men (sometimes with their wife and kids in the car), roll up the side of me in their Scenic, Zafira, other minibus like cars and want a race! When the lights turn green they belt it. I have had it loads of times like if I take over someone on a duel carriage way/motorway, then they feel the need when I pull back in to hammer it past and stare!? Is it a midlife crisis they're going through? I think it has to be. :lol:

It happens loads. Gives them a sense of pride winning in a bus. Its like a rebellion to the wife, your making me drive this bus so im driving it like a poon. Got to be careful with some though, like zafira vxrs etc, a lot round near me are modified and rapid in a straight line

That happens alot, I just let them speed off and waste fuel.

What I don't allow are corsa's or fiestas, hate them things especially the 'limited' edition corsa crap, they need to be kept down the hierarchy list.

Just cos blokes have kids doesnt mean we grow up, or don't enjoy driving still.

The ones that annoy me the most are those who drive at 50/60 on a dual carriageway/motorway, and once you pass them and pull in, they shoot past about 80, pull in and drop to 50/60 again. So whilst maintaining a constant, you're overtaking the same car again and again... Purely because they can't stand to be behind Spmething that's only small

Yeah thats what I mean, they are just driving along normally, but then when I am there or pass them they boot it! lol! I know what you mean with the saxos, corsas, fiestas etc. Generally for me they immediately think 'This lad will want a race!' then they look in the car and realise it is a girl sitting there. I never really race people tbh, I just enjoy driving my car for how it is. It isn't the fastest but it isn't the slowest but I love it :D

Oh no nothing wrong with a midlife crisis! I think my dad is going through one currently, he nearly bought a Megane r26 - F1 Edition 2 weeks ago. Which I completely agreed he should do.....my mom disagreed however. Haha :lol:

If you want a blast down a dual carriage way it's the wrong car, but I rarely find myself wanting more power on the twisties. It's got plenty of oomph for a blast down the lanes

Definitely agree Maggi, taking it a good drive down the lanes or over the chase is fantastic! On the duel carriage way, its just for over taking if needs be, haha!

Plus I love how noone knows what my car is, ask questions, love the noise, and especially (now) the looks. Its one of them cars that's worth more than the sum of its parts and is more about the way it drives, not how fast it does it

Yeah, you get a lot of looks with them. I was parked up the once, and this gardener comes over to me and starts asking what car it is and how nice it looked haha!

XNicolalaX":27h1na9z said:
Oh no nothing wrong with a midlife crisis! I think my dad is going through one currently, he nearly bought a Megane r26 - F1 Edition 2 weeks ago. Which I completely agreed he should do.....my mom disagreed however. Haha :lol:

Caught the step dad looking at R26's the other day, coincidentally the same day he drove my RS home as i needed to pick something up on the way!

I am officially one of those angry dads in a people carrier.

As stated being married, in my thirties and having a couple of kids, doesn't make me a grown up.

Beating a youngen in their pride and joy while I'm in the 197 is one thing but beating them while I'm driving a 1500kg family bus with a small diesel engine is simply epic.

To be far I only really do it if they bring it on themselves.

Haha, agreed, if people want to race you whilst in the family bus thats fair enough they have asked for it, but I am generally just tootling along and then some angry man in a Zafira belts it past me staring at me :shock: . Lol.

Street racing is illegal and I'm hoping no one here participates in these activities......

Friedchicken91":1pq4yrxt said:
Street racing is illegal and I'm hoping no one here participates in these activities......

I race to the limit!

So 0-30 GP in town
0-60/70 national joining dual carriageways and motorways.

Nah, I'm not on about street racing or participating in them, as it's too dangerous aswell as illegal. I just made the thread due to angry middle aged folk who feel the need to belt it past me whilst I'm just driving along normally. :)

If you want street racers look on the cliosport forum for 1.4 owners!!

When pulling up next to a larger and much slower car than the clio, and the lights are on red, and then black smoke comes pouring from there exhaust, as i tickle the accelerator to get infront, always funny.
Why even bother wasting the fuel?

XNicolalaX":18e53mrv said:
Nah, I'm not on about street racing or participating in them, as it's too dangerous aswell as illegal. I just made the thread due to angry middle aged folk who feel the need to belt it past me whilst I'm just driving along normally. :)

Business car drivers are the worst, the amount of BMWs and Audis that try fly past me coming up to a roundabout is stupid, they then get a red mist and tailgate if I go around the round about at my normal speed and end up I front of them.