Pingo the mini R26R (about time...)

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Matt":3rajh7wx said:
It's an option however I've never used a skinning kit like that and I've had bad experiences with fibre glass lol.
From my experience making the duct, Epoxy resin is easier to work with than the quick cure polyester resin normaly found in fiberglass kits. Laying out the cloth, so the weave was straight should be the trickiest bit. Maybe have a go on something smaller first though

CarbonMods FAQ page":3rajh7wx said:
I like the idea of skinning parts but don't want to do it myself. Do you offer a skinning service?
At the moment, Carbon Mods does not offer a carbon fibre skinning service to customers. This is mainly because we’re very busy with existing production commitments and are not really set up for bodyshop work in our workshop.

If you’re looking for top quality parts we do supply the materials to a highly regarded bodyshop called Perkins Automotive who are able to offer carbon fibre skinning as a service.

Be aware though that skinning a part in carbon fibre is a very labour intensive process even for a professional body shop. As such, the price for having a part skinned in carbon fibre by a professional bodyshop will almost always be higher than the price for a carbon fibre part (if it was available). This puts large body panels like bonnets/hoods, roofs, boots/trunks into the £500+ terretory at a minimum. Smaller parts will obviously cost less but it will still be more than the price of a comparible item if it was available to buy as a part made from carbon fibre.

That said, Perkins Automotive have used our materials and technique to cover all sorts of things including full roofs and alloy wheels. They're highly regarded by MAX Power (considered one their #1 body shops) and are familiar with our skinning process so if you don't want to do the work yourself and have the budget for it, it may be well worth contacting them.

If you're unsure whether to take on producing a part yourself we recommend purchasing a starter kit and having a go at some smaller parts, you might suprise yourself. Skinning parts yourself removes all the labour cost from the work and will be much more cost effective than having someone else do the work. Not to mention the sense of acheivement of doing it yourself.

Just read through this matt, good work and what you've done to the car looks good :)

K55 VTS":1qbbzf28 said:
Hi there

Ive seen your car around godalming and Guildford and wondered if you have any updates as I've noticed you now have a carbon bonnet?

Its a wrap not real. He is also going to be selling it soon.

K55 VTS":28nxred6 said:
Hi there

Ive seen your car around godalming and Guildford and wondered if you have any updates as I've noticed you now have a carbon bonnet?
Hi

Awesome, what car do you drive (a VTS I'm guessing?!)? I live in godalming and work in Guildford so you'll see me round a lot if you're local.

Not any updates since really... As above I'll be looking at selling up in a few months and kinda lost interest as there isn't a huge deal more I can do to the car without spending mega money or hacking the car apart.

Yeah Im from chiddingfold. I drive a iron grey c2 code which is basically a limited edition vts. I first saw your a couple of weeks ago at the total garage in peasmarsh and then in the friary centre car park last week. I love the looks of the twingo and thought about swapping my c2 for one but I'm not sure it's worth it as the two cars are similar. I love all the stickers on your rear window and is your bonnet wrapped Or a real carbon bonnet?

What you thinking of getting next?

Ah right my sister used to live over chid so I used to be over that way quite a lot. The total garage is about half a minute from my house :) in the friary 3 times a day too lol.

Yeah they are very similar cars!

Loads of stickers but still some space to fill! I can't really think of anything else to do with it to be honest! I may find the love for it again and chuck some money at it but for now she's staying as is :)

hi matt, im new to here :) if you dont mind me being cheeky what colure of red did you use for your wheels thanks scott

thanks alot for that :) i own a white gt and have just got some 133 wheels but im undecided what colure to paint wheels :lol:

scottl5690":2b5c05vh said:
thanks alot for that :) i own a white gt and have just got some 133 wheels but im undecided what colure to paint wheels :lol:

Black :twisted:

If you have a white or black one you can basically use any color you want.

Orange, purple, yellow, blue

In 'stance' society it's common to use wheel colors that aren't the most usual ones and usually it looks quite cool and special :cool:

I love White on green

tumblr_lno4n8npK11qb7g7uo1_500.jpg

hmm well i want to be a little bit differnt :) i absalutly love black wheels
but my biggest problem is white cars with black wheels far too common,
i work for a ford dealer and ford are now chargeing for frozen white paint as an optional extra! it used to only be metalics you had to pay for lol
but im still a little undecided lol

How much did you pay for the decals? I think they would look good on a red Twingo but obviously in different colours.

Quick question about your exhaust Matt what have you actually done to it? just cut out the silencers?

How does it sound? I'm thinking about doing it

Yeah literally just cut before the first silencer and after the second, replace with a bit of stainless steel with flared ends which slot over the old pipe. Could either weld it in or do what I did - clamp it on.

Sound wise it's a nice improvement for the small amount of effort. I'd say it's in par with the optional exhaust but not as raspy.

The only downside is that this really increases the flat spot at 2k WOT. You get use to it though.