Pressure Washers

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Karl

Reaction score
Looking into getting a snow foam but dont have a clue what i need. Any help will be great :)

Sorry to Hijack your thread Karl, but I'm also looking into buying snow foam and was wondering if anyone rates Halfords pressure washers? At the moment there is 50% off so was wondering if this would be a good buy.

Would be better off getting a Karcher in all honestly. I don't believe you can get a snow foam lance to fit a Halfords pressure washer anyway?

Was looking at the Karcher in Halfords for £79.99. Same money as the Halfords one I was thinking of.

Just had a look at Halfords website and you'd be stupid not to buy the 80 quid Karcher if you were going to buy the 80 quid Halfords one. Karcher will be a much better quality product, more attachments and the power difference between the two is so minimal that you wouldn't notice a difference in that aspect.

That's what I thought. I know Karcher are good quality so I guess I've made my mind up. Karcher it is!

ive got the karcher jubilee edition its pretty good and only 130 quid , halford pressure washer = shit ive had 2 and they broke within the first 2 uses

Be sure to get a Kärcher with enough power... the K4 or K5 are ok... I have a small K2, which haven't enough power to produce good foam
I bought myself a Kraenzle and currently waiting for delivery

Definitely go down the Karcher route, they're well built and you don't have to spend a fortune. Mine was about £75 from Homebase.

For foam you'll need a foam lance and some proper snow foam. You can use shampoo through it but you don't get anywhere near the consistency of proper foam. For the whole set up you're looking at -

Pressure washer - £50-100
Foam Lance - £40-50
Snow Foam - £20

Apart from Karcher equipment being well built, you have a whole load of attachments you can buy, not just for the car either. I wouldn't use any of their car washing brush things but I have a 90 degree, underbody lance that's ideal for cleaning in the arches and the underside of the car. :)

As to which model to go for?

I have no idea haha. I just went by pricing to be honest. Didn't go for the cheapest and certainly not the most expensive either. lol

Oright just looking at all the differnt models confuse me. But then again it dont take much

Haha me too.

I quite literally just went with one around the price I was looking to spend. They all have the same fitment as far as I'm aware, just differ in power and size by the looks of it.

I always quite fancied a heater pressure washer for the winter haha .

Yea the pressure will be the difference but what power is it worth getting :(

To be honest on car paint work any of the pressure washers would be more than adequate. If anything you wouldn't want some industrial one as too much power and it'll start blasting things off the car you don't want it too! haha