Pressure Washers

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got a link to it mate and I'll have a look. I'm not expert but can check it out. :)

Just had a look on Amazon and I've seen the Karcher K2.36m for £69.99 and also the Karcher K2.38m for £89.99. Both of these put out 110 bar of pressure and around 330 litres of water per hour.

Cheers for that link. Can't believe those prices, cheap as chips. I know they are refurbed but they are still good prices.

And only £4.99 to extend the warranty for another 6 months.

Ha Ha. Defo getting one from them. Just need a foam gun and some decent snow foam.

Yep they come with 6 months warranty and you can extend it to 12 months for £4.99

6 month warranty is as good as, depending on how much you spend may be worth extending.

Any of those ones in the range of £50-60 would be good enough for the car. If you plan on doing your patio and what not then maybe a more powerful one.

Still cant deside what to do :( all so not sure where to get a snow foam from.

Also do you have to use the proper snow foam or can you get away with using just normal car shamppo just i got shed loads of it :lol: could do with shifting some now i think

Cleanyourcar do have a good range of snowfoam and a lance . I get all my cleaning products from there great place and you get a hand written compliments letter with each delivery

Twingogeekeo":2oqh5pto said:
Also do you have to use the proper snow foam or can you get away with using just normal car shamppo just i got shed loads of it :lol: could do with shifting some now i think

I used my foam lance for a while with just shampoo (Chemical Guys Maxi Suds) and it was ok but you didn't get proper foam. Not the type you want where it clings to the car and you can leave to dwell.

I invested in some proper PH Neutral Snow Foam from CleanYourCar and it's a hell of a lot better. It was about £20 delivered and it'll last ages, you literally only need it mixed 1:15 with water and you'll get a sh!t load of good foam.

As for which pressure washer, I don't see how a normal pressure washer with a lance won't give snow foam. You can get foam lances that attach to a normal hose, not quite as good but I don't think it's the pressure so much as the nozzle the mixture has to go through.

I've used proper Snow Foam about 5 times or so, there is an art too it though as on ocassion it's just not foamed up very well. Other times it's quite literally thick, snowy foam as you'd expect.

There seems to be a bit of an art to getting it to foam really well. Personally I think it's a bit of a gimmick and a good rinse with water and a pressure washer would be realistically as safe but it is good fun and hey, even if there's 1% less chance of swirling I'm all for it. :lol:

I hate swirls they kill the car ive seen some really bad swirls before and makes my think they used a brillo pad :lol:

Back to subject i might just get a low powered pressure washer first but i have also heard high powered ones can damage the paint?

Yeah swirls don't look good, admittedly they are realistically only cosmetic and you'll get them regardless of how careful you are but it's good to minimise them appearing.

As for the pressure washer, you'll be fine with your usual Karcher you can get off the shelf in somewhere like Homebase. That's where I picked mine up from for about £70 and it is fine on the car and creates foam without any problems.

If you went for some big industrial bugger I'd be a little apprehensive about blasting it at your car to be honest! lol

Damn ive always been told the bigger the better :lol:

I might have to put my money where my mouth is soon. Everythime i go to order one my card doesnt wanna leave my wallet :lol:

Bigger is generally better haha but in terms of a pressure washing, an industrial beast of a pressure washer is probably not really necessry.

Thing is with the whole foam thing is it's down to how finely the nozzle pushes the foam rather than how much pressure you get out of it. If you turn the dial right down on it, it's like using an open hose and there's no pressure at all and barely any foam.

At lot of the time with pressure washers it's down the attachment rather than the pressure washer itself. The 90 degree lance I have creates more pressure than the straight adjustable lance, yet the normal lance I can adjust to just tap pressure.

A low powered pressure washer is more than enough power for car cleaning.

There's no point in getting a high powered one, unless you need the power for other purposes. The results will not be any better, or achieved any quicker and the risk of inflicting damage is much higher.

Whilst there's a bit of a stigma attached to pressure washers and the damage that they can do, if used sensibly, a low powered one will not inflict any damage, whereas a high powered one can cause significant damage!