Printers

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Karl

Reaction score
Im looking into getting myself a printer. And Argos have 2 on offer.

HP Photosmart wireless All in one eprinter.
Canon Pixma MP495 wireless all in one printer.

I unsure on which one to get. Bit confussed about the PPM. Can anyone shead light on this.

They are both wireless so thats the first step done :lol:

The PPM?

I love my printer - Its a lexmark something, one of the first wireless ones you could get. All i know is for what i paid for it a few years ago, you could lay down as a deposit on a mortgage now ;-)

I was thinking Prints Per Minute :lol: but wasnt sure.

I might go with the HP as it quickier.

Oh ok that makes sense now!

Is speed something you really need karl? or could you not sacrifice it for quality?

Courtney":2sfvyzek said:
Oh ok that makes sense now!

Is speed something you really need karl? or could you not sacrifice it for quality?

They are both print DPI 4800x1200 im guessing this it the quality

OK, i havnt actually looked at them, i just presumed that with higher PPM they would be lower quality! As i said long time since i got one ;-)

Do they still do those HP ones that look like mini office photo copiers? with the touch screens? they were pretty cool ;-)

I know nothing about printers :lol:

All i know is the paper goes in one way and out the other

when buying a printer, the main things to consider is quality of print and how much the cartridges are. the printer only comes with test cartridges that arent full from the shop so they are gonna need replacing quickly. ideally u want a printer where all the cartridges are separate so when one colour runs out, u dont have to replace all the colours. the canon ones are the best all round printers for quality and cost of ink. oh yeah, dont get wireless, they are unreliable, if u want a network printer, plug a cable into the printer and router and leave the printer next to your router

My wireless one isn't unreliable! It's worked since the day I got it!

If you want wireless, make sure it doesn't need an additional wireless card to make it work. If an additional card is required, make sure it is avaliable.

A friend had issues a while back

i used to spend 3/4 of my working life sorting out wireless printers so im against them, haha. cant beat a bit of cabling!!

singlespeed":3175ih6g said:
If you want wireless, make sure it doesn't need an additional wireless card to make it work. If an additional card is required, make sure it is avaliable.

A friend had issues a while back

How will i know?

Small print on the box- required additional wireless card for wireless operation

He wasn't happy as the card was unavaliable and would have been expensive, making the printer more than he planned to spend.

yeah mate it will, it will either have a w in the model or if u read the specs, your looking for built in wireless. if it says print server then forget it

looks all good dude! ink isnt too expensive either and its got separate inks. may be worth a punt

Karl,

The only printer to ever of given me grief was a cannon, stick with the HP.