Remap time!!

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Twingogeekeo":yuz50hok said:
Dazza1":yuz50hok said:
singlespeed":yuz50hok said:
^^^ Seems a bit odd when RST and a few others can re-flash an updated file onto the original chip from the diacnostic port (so long as the ECU is not too hot)
I dunno then Neil Karl needs to answer that 1 I'm just goin on what I was told. My ecu is out the car and with dhl

Some companys use bolt on maps. Meaning plug the OBD port in and do the job there. This means your map comes from a car that has had a map before.

Where Mulgari remove and open the ECU to make the map custom to your car.
Mine was run, remapped, re-run a few times with the ecu in the car. Not trully on the fly remapping, but I think thats as close as you can get with the Renault ECU :?

When I had my BMW re mapped, the ecu on that to be opened up. More to do with the tri core protection to stop it from being mapped.

Ben did say it had a lock on to stop u from touching it but he had the tools to unlock it and put it back so Reno wouldn't know it had been touched

singlespeed":2f8321se said:
that makes sence.

Sence? What's going on Neil?!

And I'm still confused, I understand that part now, but can't see how it can be any more specific if the car is in one location and the ecu another? Can someone make it make sense to me?

well, presumption being the mother of all #### ups, heres a guess...

Read the file and run on rollers to get the readings. Unlock ecu and write modified file
rerun and check sensor outputs and performance, adjust the map if needed...

Not much difference to RS Tunning, except they unlock with software from the obd port

Was on the M25 to pick my car up when I got the call I didn't want my car wouldn't start so my ecu will have to come back out. It turns over 4 times the cuts off. Then Ben texed me this last night

update on the ecu, after investigation we couldn't isolate the problem, so we have sent it back to Birmingham and they will rectify, I can only apologise about this, but I promise we will work on it till it is perfect. Cheers

So another day of gettin the staff bus to work :(

hrrrm.

I know these things happen and can happen to anyone, but its not the best of starts

manofhow":101g3r2e said:
sorry to hear its still not right,

you have a staff bus? heheh dont know why i find that funny
yeah chris takes u home at night and picks u up in the mornin

weebob":80dr3gy5 said:
at least you maybe able to sneak out a extra discount?
he said he will drop the car back to me and he picked it up so that's 80 miles so can't moan about that. Just a bollock ach cos my wife's gone away today