Remapping

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gingham

Reaction score
Has anyone had their Twingo chipped and if so was there much improvement?

chipped no, that's barbaric! remapped, yes. plenty of guys on here have remapped their cars. but with a naturally aspirated engine you're not going to see much more than 6-7 bhp gain if you're lucky. and that's with an exhaust etc. the driveability improves as well as the throttle response, flat spots are reduced ... but ironically, people don't realise 'flatspots' come from removind the factory airbox. ;)

nowhere near as bad as the flat spots once removing the pressurised plenum enviroment ! best thing to do is have the car mapped with the new air filter / pod filter or w/e you go for to optimise the AFR :D

Iv got a decat and a bmc cda intake with bumper mount cold air feed and my flatspot is terrible but I'm in rs tuning on Tuesday :D

Fran133":1o36qefa said:
Iv got a decat and a bmc cda intake with bumper mount cold air feed and my flatspot is terrible but I'm in rs tuning on Tuesday :D
So am I on Wednesday :D ;)

Spitfire1":299ydsnz said:
Fran133":299ydsnz said:
Did he tell you what time to be there I can't remember If he told me 10am lol

Fran133":1gm8urff said:
Spitfire1":1gm8urff said:
Fran133":1gm8urff said:
Yep 10.00am for me. ;)

Spitfire1":3hyv1ts4 said:
Fran133":3hyv1ts4 said:
Spitfire1":3hyv1ts4 said:
Fran133":3hyv1ts4 said:
Yep 10.00am for me. ;)
Yh it can't come quickenuff myns driving worse and worse closer it gets to Tuesday

Fran133":ulmbv87b said:
Spitfire1":ulmbv87b said:
Spitfire1":ulmbv87b said:
Yep 10.00am for me. ;)
Yh it can't come quickenuff myns driving worse and worse closer it gets to Tuesday
Mines OK, it's just over fuelling at low RPM which leads to a few pops and bangs :shock: :lol: :lol: I'm looking for better throttle control plus a little extra BHP - but not a great deal.

Fran133":3qggh7ne said:
What you got on yours so far and isit your first map? Myn myt be worse with it been its first time on the rollers
OK just remember I've got a RS75 :shock: :twisted: :lol: :lol: , but the principal is the same - it's basically a NA. Yes it's been on the rollers, increased from 75 to 86 BHP with the following mods:
1. Powerflow custom exhaust.
2. 200 CEL sports cat
3. Std cast iron 4 into 1 manifold
4. CDA style induction system
According to Paul at RS the ECU is the same as fitted to the GT, so mapping should not be a problem - I hope.

;) turbocharge it for the feck of it? you'll get a nice manifold of a broken gt, and pick your turbo ... this is your next project rob. let's be honest that was your first thought once you heard it's the same ECU as the gt lol

oscar":3otkn9fl said:
;) turbocharge it for the feck of it? you'll get a nice manifold of a broken gt, and pick your turbo ... this is your next project rob. let's be honest that was your first thought once you heard it's the same ECU as the gt lol
Certainly makes things a bit more interesting, but I like NA that's why I never went turbo on my MR2, if I can get it to just below 100 BHP (Paul thinks he can get it up to 96) I'll be happy with that - we'll have to wait and see.

New wheels next on the cards. :cool: I also heard talk of an underbrace. ;) :lol: :lol:

What did you get to in the end Fran, Paul said it all got sorted for you in the end.

He managed to get a bit more out of the car - it's now up to 90.3BHP with a torque
output of 95ftlb @4200 approx. (this is based on standard unleaded). The fuelling issues have gone which has given a great throttle response - so overall very pleased. For sure RS Tuning (Paul) have a very good understanding of these little cars and can certainly push them past Renaults extremely conservative mapping.

More interesting the figures achieved at last months dyno day is identical to the first run the car did today - so it's a good base to go forward with and shows it's a true improvement.

Well first run on the dyno lamba shot clean out the manifold so after rolling it half of the dyno on the floor swapping the lamba sensors over after that everything went ok need to get my graph out and have a read but he managed the pop bang with flames aswel il have to upload the video

Fran133":28m2ymlc said:
Well first run on the dyno lamba shot clean out the manifold so after rolling it half of the dyno on the floor swapping the lamba sensors over after that everything went ok need to get my graph out and have a read but he managed the pop bang with flames aswel il have to upload the video
Yep I'm still popping and banging (sounds a bit more controlled this time :lol: ) - not sure on the flames though.

Fran133":2u342kr7 said:

hope you're looking forward to an engine decoke and new valve seals in 10k miles :p all that unburnt fuel dumped into your manifold and coking up the exhaust ports and valve stems isn't good for an engine.

sounds absolutely awesome though :D get a video up sir :D