renault sports twingo r.133

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
oh yes, a long time ago, then the dvla messed up my driving pass results and papers and 5 years later i got to redo my test end of month. still keep my NCB which is brill , haha
still go on the track though :D, if i somehow fail will just get my B liecense and use a bike insted lol.

not any more, can copies of it though, best thing was when they made their choice it was, "oh we can see you passed your test, handed in both parts of certifs but it was sent back and resent in again yet not processed, very odd. anyways you have to do it"...3 years after the 2 year cut off point in which they had my details numberous times. lol. god bless dvla. Even my insurence details have date i pass test and date i passed pass plus written on the papers and they have copies as well. bad luck with them and me not chasing up i guess
tbh if i cant pass my test a second time shouldn't really be allowed to drive but then again i never realised how much your adverage driver picks up on bad mistakes. resting your hand on gear stick or elbow on door is a big nono.

orbital":1yk4lyhd said:
whilst i was under there i explored the Jap braces, yes it can be easily done by mounting it to the undertray bolt holes but... this will lead to not being able to install an undertray and an aftermarket tray/splitter would be needed for some aero'ness. saw the jap pics didnt have the tray but i thought that was for the pics but theres not way to have it with the tray. unless it goes over the the tray isnt flat in design.
and theres no bolting holes in the middle or the back so they would either have to be drilled or the bar welded on.

What about mounting the skidplate/splitter over the Brace, using spacers and a full length bolt that hold the brace and the splitter together and on the car?
I've been thinking about this...get some Spot Lamp/Splitter stays to bolt to the front, make sure the splitter has drain/vent holes in it.
I want one, like Varris Time Attack carbon fibre side vanes and stuff...

What about the heatshield mounting points for the mid braces?

M

was thinking about it, use the existing bolts, have the bar frame and splitter tray both mount to it. the tray would be held in solid by the braces and if theres enought braces you could do a whole undertray.
my stock tray was only held in by 3 bolts...theres ment to be 7, wasnt impressed by this.
havent looked at the heatshield mounting points TBH. my exhaust sticks out lower then stock and jap GT's ones :(

That would just be a braketry issue though, wouldn't take much to make the brackets space the bar out a little.

High Density exhaust mounts would stop so much flex to avoid the exhaust hitting the braces.

M

The colour choice sounds GOOD! If a little loud and lairy =P
Like how it sounds, reminds me of my dad's C2 GT.

I'll be approaching Stainless Creations to get my exhaust made up very soon I think....

Did you get any luck with getting your scoop made up?

I'm thinking of making a semi enclosed heat-shield for my HKS induction kit. Just enough to have something like your scoop feeding the front and a general duct feeding from underneith, taken from the other side of the Rad.

M

For now, I'm hoping to get a Single Box (5" wide x 13.5" long, 4" Exit) 2" System, cat back I think.
Looking at sourcing the Steel, Hangers, Back box, Flanges and Clamps myself, pay the company for their Hourly rate + a little extra.

Hmmmm, there is that. Was kinda hoping mine would have an open top (so people could see it) and have a bottom opening for ducting and a front opening to attach your scoop to. Would be Carbon Wrapping it anyway I think, or powder coating...not too sure.

M

sounds good mate, and fair play for sourcing *cough* titanium hehe

thats sounds cool dude. is a shame having a lovely looking cone all wrapped up . been trying to find K&N wet wrap. weird cover to go over their cones without it getting wet but still sucking in air on a wet day

Awesome =)

My filter's a PITA because it's a Mushroom Filter....HKS do different filter types for it though.
The one it comes with is a 3 layer, Dry Filter (no Oil) but they do wet filters and all sorts, gonna try and mock up an open airbox/Heat shield tonight using my brother's Greddy as a template.
I think it will follow the basic contours of the standard box, topside wise with foam on the edges to try and exclude most of the hot air, but it will be open.

Primary cool sources will be front (with your inlet design) and either side or bottom, Maybe even both. HMMMM.
Will keep you posted....
M

Good evening,

i like your work and your custom pieces on your RS ;)

i want also build me an other air scoop for my RS, is it possible to remove the original scoop without removing the front bumper?

sorry for my bad English, I`m coming from Luxembourg ;)

thanks for the kind comments and welcome to the site. looking forward to seeing a future blog from you. There any twingo mark 2 car clubs in Luxembourg??