RenaultSport Trackdays 2011

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Brands booked!! Tow stickers on!! ;)

Damn excited! :D

Attachments

• 4-22089BAE-905780-800 (640x354).jpg
    4-22089BAE-905780-800 (640x354).jpg
    170.7 KB · Views: 7,084
  • 4-D55E1C24-753029-800 (640x479).jpg
    4-D55E1C24-753029-800 (640x479).jpg
    143.4 KB · Views: 7,084
How much would it cost for the track day and when is the brands hatch track day..What are the regulations e.g helmet, racing clothing,car saftey.Can you just rock up in your car and hit the track ?Ive never been at a track day,i know It would be awesome : ).Please let me know thanks.....

Hi there. The Brands track day that I'm going to is organised by RenaultSport on the 22nd of Sept and is hugely subsidised. It's £149 for a full day with an open pits format. Free for additional drivers and £10 for helmet hire. Once you are booked on, it is just a case of rocking up and hitting the track really. I get myself covered with a sigle day track insurance cover which sets me back another £110 but it's better that than binning it on the day and not being covered! This is onlt my second one, I did Silverstone last year and loved it! Everyone had a lot of respect for each other and was pretty polite on the track. I would recommend instruction slots which you can get for £10 for 20 mins. Well worth it as they teach you the racing line and I had 2 last year and probably halved my time from my first session to my last one! I've attached the link so you can have a look for yourself in more detail. Jan.

https://www.renaultsport.co.uk/roadcars/trackdays/overview/Default.aspx

JDee133":1b7ylmo6 said:
Hi there. The Brands track day that I'm going to is organised by RenaultSport on the 22nd of Sept and is hugely subsidised. It's £149 for a full day with an open pits format. Free for additional drivers and £10 for helmet hire. Once you are booked on, it is just a case of rocking up and hitting the track really. I get myself covered with a sigle day track insurance cover which sets me back another £110 but it's better that than binning it on the day and not being covered! This is onlt my second one, I did Silverstone last year and loved it! Everyone had a lot of respect for each other and was pretty polite on the track. I would recommend instruction slots which you can get for £10 for 20 mins. Well worth it as they teach you the racing line and I had 2 last year and probably halved my time from my first session to my last one! I've attached the link so you can have a look for yourself in more detail. Jan.

https://www.renaultsport.co.uk/roadcars/trackdays/overview/Default.aspx
Cheers mate,thanks a lot for the info : ).I though you needed roll cages etc lol.
Thanks again!!

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

:D No no, my Twingo is bog standard, nothing done to it whatsoever (yet)! Others like Al have modified it to increase performamce round the track but you don't have to. I just love the fact that one minute I'm poodling round town and the other I'm hacking it round the track! :lol:

Well maybe see you there in Sept!

JDee133":32pd0ag4 said:
:D No no, my Twingo is bog standard, nothing done to it whatsoever (yet)! Others like Al have modified it to increase performamce round the track but you don't have to. I just love the fact that one minute I'm poodling round town and the other I'm hacking it round the track! :lol:

Ahhh ok awesome.Yea I've noticed there are a few twingos on here that are quite modded.Hahaha yea it must be so cool : )
Yea I would love to go,just need to check on the finances!!
Hopefully see you there to : )

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

JDee133":3n59lpgb said:

Tut, tut. my car hasn't been changed performance wise whatsoever (I will ignore the false claims my air filter adds anything). I have modified it but only changed things like the seats and harnesses (I fell out the OEM ones) and tyres (didn't want to ruin my road ones).

PS: Looking forward to us meeting on track again later in the year :)

For whoever is going (probably non of you) I'll be attending Silverstone this Thursday. Can't wait!