Rs gordini progress thread!! (always being updated!)

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
this might be good upgrade or no it depends, without good remapyoull get only sound from the engine and less mpg

i did similar thing on my 106, 1.6 8v engine had small inlet and it was oplastic, but 1.3 rallye had aluminium and it was much bigger, without remap i got only much better sound from front and 12lit / 100km (originally was around 8-9lit/ 100km) but it wasnt so much faster

Yea I know bud henk said if I send the details over he'll tell me ASAP if worth keeping, I used to have vtr too :p and my my mate had a mk1 he put the rallie inlets on was a good mod on them :p

Funny you should mention I haven't been on in a while and I'm doing them today !

Here's where I'm up to now my mates just nipped to his to grind a part of the 197 inlet

sunezatu.jpg

tuja4y3a.jpg

u6y5yveg.jpg

One thing I am going to say is the adapter I have ATM isn't wry good but now I have the inlet off and thanks to single speed sending rubbings I can get proper aluminium adapters made up soon as pos :) which I will be changing too ASAP so once I have my inlets on ill report back of what there like.. Another thing is the way I have mine it is a lot better set up for bored out inlets like single speeds but I will get a template made up for the normal head ones too ten see numbers if people want them made it will fit too its going to be tight but will fit so goo times :)

:( bad news! Alternator !! Where it edges up the lower inlets were catching and therefore wouldn't go on everything else spot on too :(

But while the normal ones were on i ported them and car seems better !! Not by loads but by a decent amount ! Also found other various bits out and we may be able to get a front strut ! But would take some work !!

Whats your thoughts with the crank case breather outlet? Originaly it comes out the top of the rocker/cam cover and then goes through a block on the back of the upper manifold.

Will you need to make an adaptor to bolt onto the rocker cover, or will the new manifold line up?

No that doesn't line up too but I was going to use a bit of funnel sealed in with the rubber hose also sealed to it .. Shame they didn't fit really they were just too long :(

benmc":1lscqvj4 said:
No that doesn't line up too but I was going to use a bit of funnel sealed in with the rubber hose also sealed to it .. Shame they didn't fit really they were just too long :(
if you took off the small cover that has the breather coming from it, you could fit a small 90 degree adaptor block with a pipe stub onto the top of it. Drill and tap the cover or bolt through would be fairly simple considering the rest of the work.

Yea that would be one way if you had the time to do it like but I'd make sure what ever I let's your putting on first are clear of alternator bud before hand

Fabio it hasn't been fully released yet that's why bud , also does anyone know if the cups alternator set up is different to the normal set up with aircon??

Okay so been on RR day with some lads up my area with the twingo ad I was more than happy!!

Here's results
y9yraba3.jpg

This is with injen style induction set up
Ported lower Inlets
Rs tuner sage 1 map

152.6bhp @ fly
117.8bhp @wheels
134.8 lbs/ft torque

:)

Exhaust cams and maybe head work too on agenda see how single speeds stuff goes :)

update :) parcel from single speed arrived the otherday the super sprint exhaust got it fitted today and it sounds sweet!! not to loud and feels like pulls smoother and better too :) good mod tbh!

benmc":1lw81ooz said:
update :) parcel from single speed arrived the otherday the super sprint exhaust got it fitted today and it sounds sweet!! not to loud and feels like pulls smoother and better too :) good mod tbh!
Good stuff :mrgreen: