RS monitor subsequently installed!

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
madmatt":qnm73k2z said:
develooper":qnm73k2z said:
I do not understand the last sentence.

Why do they need to link it to the computer for the diagnostics?

What happens if you just plug the Monitor in?

Cheers :D
We must. virgin state, the new computer.
(Do not know your computer, or what kind of car is Clio3 Twingo II)
If you plug in does not work. (No lights, no nothing, write)
Once programmed, will work.

waitey":14mw5nit said:
Wonder if there's an app that has a similar function though
Theres an RS Monitor app for the iphone, but not android, symbian or windoze as far as I know

madmatt":2wls2tet said:
singlespeed":2wls2tet said:
waitey":2wls2tet said:
Wonder if there's an app that has a similar function though
Theres an RS Monitor app for the iphone, but not android, symbian or windoze as far as I know

TORQUE App for Android, you need a Bluetooth OBD reader though.
Downloading this to see if this works for my car as well.

Thanks for the ppt!

So I take it that there is no way to get the monitor working in a car that has display "type 1" and radio "type 1"?

Or would it be possible to change the wiring loom from ECU to display and then fit the RS monitor and any aftermarket radio?

(sorry for asking the same questions over and over again, but I don't want to accept the fact that I cannot use the RS monitor in my car) :)

frediiii":2b25xxrn said:
Thanks for the ppt!

So I take it that there is no way to get the monitor working in a car that has display "type 1" and radio "type 1"?

Or would it be possible to change the wiring loom from ECU to display and then fit the RS monitor and any aftermarket radio?

(sorry for asking the same questions over and over again, but I don't want to accept the fact that I cannot use the RS monitor in my car) :)

Fine.
I send the radio2 Radio1 and pin-out display.
Logically possible. You do not know that UCH ECU part number has changed and e.

I knew it is possible, as data travels thru CAN bus, and everything is connected to it :)
Develooper - tell me, what data do you need to activate new radio (bluetooth one) in car, using Renault CLIP i believe?
Also what about stalk controls (remote for radio under the steering wheel) - do they need to be replaced also?

Also I would wait and see if new Twingo displays are compatible (they should be), so You can have RS Monitor and onboard computer with MPG and so on. If it's true, that new Twingos will have them as standard.

i think that if you buy a good aftermarket Radio , then you don't need display for radio.. Then you buy RS monitor and it should work without any radio connected on .. RS monitor doesn't need data from the radio for temperatures of oil and torque and other stuff related to ECU .. all data comes from CAN bus directly..

I don't think, that OEM radio is required either.
Probably radio is needed, to bypass signals from stalk controls to LCD display (if the plug behind radio is the only one, that comes out of stalk controls), but I guess it can be archived by using aftermarket stalk-lcd-radio adapter.
I wish I had someone inside Renault service to check it out. Or Renault's Dialogys...

develooper":2nn3l9tm said:
frediiii":2nn3l9tm said:
Thanks for the ppt!

Fine.
I send the radio2 Radio1 and pin-out display.
Logically possible. You do not know that UCH ECU part number has changed and e.

sorry, I do not understand. you don't speak german by any chance? :) But we will get there... is the display controlled by the radio? or how do you navigate through the different screens?