RS monitor subsequently installed!

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
on Cup? Doesnt seem right... Cup has only some hardware changes to chassis. But yes, mine is Cup. I believe you can see my oem HU in my thread, but i have/had that non-BT unit 2011 model, stalks control just basic, with no BT controls... Dealer guessed that RS Monitor could be fitted to any twingo 2010+ with ESP, since all/most of the data are taken from ESP sensors and ECU.

the new display is bigger since on the older one were two buttons to set the clock and they are gone now, just display.

BTW, new display as a part is originally from Clio III RS, couldnt be ordered under Twingo items :shock:

You've left stock stalk controls (this thingy under the steering wheel to control radio)?
I wonder if RS monitor display differs from bluetooth HU one, I know it has different part number, but other than that I don't think it's that much different - as it was said, all data is from ESP and ECU.
At least not as much as Renault asks for it.

yes, stock stalk controls. the top two changing the source of the signal, you use those to start RS Monitor and to switch functions, the button on the bottom is used to start and stop laptimes. Volume controls and switchings stations now does nothing... RS Monitor display and BT unit display are different... They are both graphic displays, but BT display wouldnt show monitor functions, slightly different software i suppose...

hi ive read through the whole rs monitor subject, im getting a good idea of what you need but just need to be sure. here are the models and numbers of whats in my car. ive got bluetooth with steering controls. have i got the right requirements? what do i need to do now?

Attachments

• P4140204.JPG
    P4140204.JPG
    97.4 KB · Views: 13,145
  • P4140221.JPG
    P4140221.JPG
    82.5 KB · Views: 13,145
You need another display, part code: 280347874R. Then it is only matter of connecting the car to CLIP, following steps above by UrbanD. Once done, on the display should be "Renault Sport" and its done, you should be able to start functions via stalk control...

TripleJay":chsla28v said:
You need another display, part code: 280347874R. Then it is only matter of connecting the car to CLIP, following steps above by UrbanD. Once done, on the display should be "Renault Sport" and its done, you should be able to start functions via stalk control...

Great thanks for your help triplejay . Where's best to buy the display? I will have a look on the internet. And would you buy a clip, I've seen a posted link for one.is there not a certain one i would need.

i ordered the display directly from my renault dealer, i doubt you would find it on ebay... Same is with Clip, you could download a software, but you also need renault diagnostic cables = no worth it. I paid 2 servis hours to renault to get it done, but it was first time they did something like that. If they knew, maximum time would be like 15min = 1 servis hour (about 28,- EUR in here).

Marco89":axzcos9k said:
Does someone else have bought something from that site?

not that i know of, im not hugely familiar with parts for the twingo but it was the only place i could find
the display online. could have got sorted it with Renault, may of been more expensive though