RS tuner PA run.

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RS GORDINI

Reaction score
Done a couple of runs today and thought i would post it up.The graph shows 107.6hp atw and 104lb/ft.These are at the wheels numbers
RSTuner_000001.jpg

RS GORDINI":21aruygk said:
Done a couple of runs today and thought i would post it up.The graph shows 107.6hp atw and 104lb/ft.These are at the wheels numbers
RSTuner_000001.jpg
What would that make the guessimated flywheel figure?

Its the RStuner box,plug it in to the cars OBD port then lap top and it gives you diagnostic live data of what car is doing and do power runs like a dyno.You can also remap the ecu.I dont have a map for the Gordini yet as i got the box for my meg250,but its a handy tool to have.

is that a glitch, or is there realy a huge rise then drop off around 2k. If it is correct, it would be good if you could get the dip mapped out so torque was level(ish) between 2 and 4K.

It does change on other runs i did,but you would get a torque surge low down.This is only a box of tricks really and should be used as a guide only.I have also just done some runs with the bung out and in.The result was 7kw or 9hp,so leave the bung in people.

I'm getting kinda puzzled with all this bung in/bung out stuff. I red a lot about it and decided to take mine out, did notice a massive difference to the sound but no notable difference in performance drop or increase. Are you saying that you lost 9hp with the bung out and if so, what do the rest of the people here think about that? I’m not all about performance, but the only thing that Twingo lacks (and even that is questionable – good driver doesn’t need a lot of HP to do good against others) is a couple of extra HP or at least keeping it with the promised level of 133 HP. Let me know what you/others think about it. I don’t want to put it back in, but then again if it “drops” the “performance” for 9HP, then I might reconsider.

Cheers

As i said Matthias,this is only a guide but i did do the test on the same road with the temp at 16c and same fuel load.Nobody is really going to notice 5-10hp over the rev range.Keep it out if you like the sound of it,does sound better.

Sure, thanks for the answer. I do like the sound of it with the bung out, so I'll keep it that way. I did what Fredi wrote somewhere, I covered the vent with a duct tape, so that there is no hot air coming in the airbox, yet the engine still has the same growl as with the bung out. Thanks for the guide though. How does the RS Tuner work for you?

i use it as a tool to check out what the car is doing rather than remapping the ecu.I got it for my RS250cup which was mapped to 320hp but i dont think i will map the Gordini as there is no real power gains to be had.

Interesting read what's the tool called might buy one and see what the 133 is pulling.

133 is worth a map, improves the lower rev range soooo much. dont forget they gave it 4-1 collector so on paper that would give more high end power for cost lower down. remaps i've seen keep the top end but makes the lower end so much better to drive with :)
and thats from 3 tuner views and ££££ spent lol.
nice to see the graphs and that. would be a sweet trick to have that for a meet so people could have a run up and down with it :)

orbital":3lgowxwh said:
133 is worth a map, improves the lower rev range soooo much. dont forget they gave it 4-1 collector so on paper that would give more high end power for cost lower down. remaps i've seen keep the top end but makes the lower end so much better to drive with :)
and thats from 3 tuner views and ££££ spent lol.
nice to see the graphs and that. would be a sweet trick to have that for a meet so people could have a run up and down with it :)
I see what what your saying but coming from a turbo car with a remap and the thought of doing the same to a N/A car doesnt seem worth it imo.As for the meet and a run,i would be up for that if there is enough in S/E to get one together. :D

Matthias":30789qzc said:
I'm getting kinda puzzled with all this bung in/bung out stuff. I red a lot about it and decided to take mine out, did notice a massive difference to the sound but no notable difference in performance drop or increase. Are you saying that you lost 9hp with the bung out and if so, what do the rest of the people here think about that? I’m not all about performance, but the only thing that Twingo lacks (and even that is questionable – good driver doesn’t need a lot of HP to do good against others) is a couple of extra HP or at least keeping it with the promised level of 133 HP. Let me know what you/others think about it. I don’t want to put it back in, but then again if it “drops” the “performance” for 9HP, then I might reconsider.

Cheers

Leave it in if you want a few extra horses but leave it out if you want the noise over power. Did some temp readings and dyno runs with the bung out/in at TDF and saw a much lower temp and slight increase in power with the bung holes covered. Mines been in ever since :)

Matt at TDF immediately said leave it in before even doing the tests on the dyno. A fully enclosed air intake system will always outperform an open one.