RS133 Turbo kit (K-tec Racing)

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stunty

Reaction score
Heard from K-tec today that they are considering developing a turbo kit for the 133 next year. If the kit gave around 170bhp and cost circa £2k I'd be very interested - roll on Ktec's 133 upgrades.

Daveyb133":17fbwgkf said:
isnt the rs engine compression to high for a turbo
It would be do-able on light boost.

However, drop in some of the lower compression pistons from the earlier models or even low comp forged pistons and rods which are avaliable. Problem is, thats the £2K budget blown just there

Yeah Singlespeed that's the thing isn't it. If this currently 'hypothetical' turbo kit requires the internals of the engine upgrading it's going to be too much money for most people - we sadly don't all have Yotah's budget for splashing on our Twingo's. If they can keep the kit simple and affordable I'm sure it would be on most peoples wish list!

Surely if you spent that kind of money turbo-ing a 133, combined with the extra insurance costs for having done such, you could have bought a 225 (For the same or less money that the 133), and spent the extra on insurance in the first place for the 225?

I get the adding minimal weight so keeping the same chuckable chassis set up etc, but surely driving it as a turbod beast would drastically alter the cars character in any case. Just my 2p, but I'd prefer keep my 133 as it's NA self, or change to a car which is turbod from the outset.

But a Megane isn't a Twingo. I bought the 133 because I like small cars and I liked the look of it, it wasn't really to do with money or insurance costs (I'm 32 with 12 years NCB). I enjoy tinkering and having my cars tuned over standard - if I had a 225 I'd still be tuning that :)

If you like NA that's cool as I do too. I've been a big Honda fan over the years but there's no denying the extra flexibility of turbo engines. Ooh and the whooshing noise of a turbo is cool too.

The low pressure clio kit doesn't require any internal modification so I guess that's what you should compare to. I'd imagine a smaller turbo (perhaps T25 rather than T28) and lower boost would provide a safe forced induction pressure for a Twingo to run 40BHP increase seems reasonable without touching the internals to me...

Stunty":udo4exum said:
But a Megane isn't a Twingo. I bought the 133 because I like small cars and I liked the look of it, it wasn't really to do with money or insurance costs (I'm 32 with 12 years NCB). I enjoy tinkering and having my cars tuned over standard - if I had a 225 I'd still be tuning that :)

If you like NA that's cool as I do too. I've been a big Honda fan over the years but there's no denying the extra flexibility of turbo engines. Ooh and the whooshing noise of a turbo is cool too.

Honda... Mhmm I've been looking at getting a JDM spec EK9 when I'm 21 as been getting quotes around £1300 for one!

I've seen mention of bent rods on a K4M turbo conversion at 200hp. Although that was with a lower compression engine and extra head gasket to lower it some more, hence allowing more boost than the K4M-854 engine would probably be able to use on petrol station pump fuel.

Matt":1o3n17ui said:
The low pressure clio kit doesn't require any internal modification so I guess that's what you should compare to. I'd imagine a smaller turbo (perhaps T25 rather than T28) and lower boost would provide a safe forced induction pressure for a Twingo to run 40BHP increase seems reasonable without touching the internals to me...

sounds all nice but does that mean we will need a standalone ECU ? or will it be sort of plug and play (sound way to easy :D) .... ?

also where the hell will you put that Little turbo ???

Ktec said this to me before ... Read what it says "considering next year" it won't happen lol

Stunty":3p2pgt8p said:
But a Megane isn't a Twingo. I bought the 133 because I like small cars and I liked the look of it

I'm totally with you on that and I have a Megane 225! :lol:

The thing is the Twingo is an awesome car in it's own right, it's fun, it's handling is superb and it's a joy to drive. But when I get into my Clio 172 I realise the sheer grunt that the Twingo isn't missing but if it had 170bhp would be an epic car and I don't doubt the chassis could handle it.

A Megane 225 is a great car, no doubt in R26 form an epic car but it's a big family hatch that's fast. A Twingo is a go-kart and with the power of an RS Clio would be at it's absolute best.

I guess with any kind of tuning you could always say, 'Why not just buy....' but that's not the point. If you tune an RS Megane why not just buy an Evo, if you tune and Evo why not buy a Porsche etc etc. :)

as the chassis is basically the same as the older shape clio, a bigger engine will turn it into a 172/ 182 with just a differnt shell.

172/182 were fun little cars just a bit dated looking now

Jordysport has a 225 engine in a twingo, why spend 2k+ when you can get the 225 engine in the twingo so you can keep a twingo with the power of a 225.

Problem solved ;)

Would a turbo conversion add to or detract from the overall driving experience?

Obviously there would be more power, but would the delivery suit the handling and balance or it it just a recipe for checking out the nearest field... Discuss

singlespeed":8t6qji1z said:
Would a turbo conversion add to or detract from the overall driving experience?

Obviously there would be more power, but would the delivery suit the handling and balance or it it just a recipe for checking out the nearest field... Discuss
I think a Twingo with about 160 bhp would be a nice number.

The power to weight has to stay in balance especially with a little car like this. I reckon if the Twingo would come stock with over 170 bhp that too many people would end up in the ditch.