RS133 Turbo kit (K-tec Racing)

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
MovingShadow":btcn1t7f said:
singlespeed":btcn1t7f said:
Would a turbo conversion add to or detract from the overall driving experience?

Obviously there would be more power, but would the delivery suit the handling and balance or it it just a recipe for checking out the nearest field... Discuss
I think a Twingo with about 160 bhp would be a nice number.

The power to weight has to stay in balance especially with a little car like this. I reckon if the Twingo would come stock with over 170 bhp that too many people would end up in the ditch.

same here 160BHP is a nice number for the twingo if itb's was easy and cheap it will reach that number i guess ;)

singlespeed":p9c6tby1 said:

Obviously there would be more power, but would the delivery suit the handling and balance or it it just a recipe for checking out the nearest field... Discuss

There's too many factors to take into account to come up with a proper answer i.e the amount experience the person has drive the 133 with the turbo compared with without, how much driving experience they have in total, how often they drive to the car's limit(or theirs) and so on :p

Dubz":2ykcgr3o said:
singlespeed":2ykcgr3o said:

There's too many factors to take into account to come up with a proper answer i.e the amount experience the person has drive the 133 with the turbo compared with without, how much driving experience they have in total, how often they drive to the car's limit(or theirs) and so on :p

So in other words dubz would kill someone if he had that much power?

one of the best parts of driving the twingo though is using the revvy engine and changing up and down the box.

i think the engine allows you to drive it hard!

a turbo engine has max power at lower revs and i think that would take a lot of fun out of it. as for ending up in a ditch totally depends on the person behind the wheel and how they use the power and dont put crappy tyres on ;)

maggi112":12o578ko said:
So in other words dubz would kill someone if he had that much power?

Considering I've only driven my i-music and a mini cooper S (on a under 17's drive course) I'd most likely take it to a track to learn how to drive it properly rather than my local B roads :p

Daveyb133":13d5i8da said:
one of the best parts of driving the twingo though is using the revvy engine and changing up and down the box.

a turbo engine has max power at lower revs and i think that would take a lot of fun out of it. as for ending up in a ditch totally depends on the person behind the wheel and how they use the power and dont put crappy tyres on ;)

I get ya ;) poor tyres and flooring it everywhere only because you don't have a belgians bank balance and all

Daveyb133":2wlvdmbb said:

a turbo engine has max power at lower revs and i think that would take a lot of fun out of it.

Agreed. I think you would remove a good chunk of the cars character with adding the turbo

manofhow":9am2kzf7 said:
as the chassis is basically the same as the older shape clio, a bigger engine will turn it into a 172/ 182 with just a differnt shell.

To be honest mate the Clio 172/182 feels dated in more than just it's looked.

Driving a 133 alongside a 172 the Twingo has a lot of big improvements. Driving position, steering weight/wheel position and a Cup'd Twingo handles better than a Cup'd 182. I couldn't comment on the Trophy.

Honestly a Twingo with the power of a 172 would be a better drive than a 172, I'd put money on it. :lol:

Tbh I would rather some one come up with a kit that lets you put throttle body's on one with a nice set of kams and make it rev :)

Ok I may be new to this Renaultsport stuff and still learning, but after my first proper blat down some quiet country roads tonight - I've come to some conclusions on the following things.

1) The brakes scare me a bit but this IS NOT a criticism and just an observation. The rear of the car twitches and moves under heavy braking and generally feels very lively. Not had the right roads yet to see what happens next.

2) Whilst the car has almost zero body roll it's very well dampened and you don't worry about hitting every little bump.

3) The Silverstone sounds purposeful on start up. It's a deep boomy slightly silky sound that hint's very clearly at it's poke.

4) 1st gear rants to the red line sound meaty and angry. BUT... I want 2nd gear to be exactly the same - and why it should be tuned a little. I agree about NA tuning and look forward to seeing what the new soon to launch cams will do.

5) Be warned as the car tells on you after you've been driving fast and park up - the stainless steel exhaust tings and cracks proudly from your green change up lights!

Anyway the car is a lot of fun and I can keep up with my buddy on the really twisty bits.

The pic is a poor angle etc.. and I will try harder next time. It just shows the kind of company the 133 can chase in corners. :)

I would think a supercharger would be a better bet than a turbo. On low pressure, it could run on the standard engine.

As for turbos not being rev'ey, there's no reason why not,as long as the fueling can keep up.

The cheapest bang for buck is Nos. You could stage it so that it only cuts in at full throttle. Anyone fitted one?

Araf":dg8g3v61 said:
The cheapest bang for buck is Nos. You could stage it so that it only cuts in at full throttle. Anyone fitted one?
I was seriously considering it untill finding out that getting a refill in the North of Scotland was going to be realy expensive.

Wizards of Nos 150i kit and direct port injection, 5lb bottle with heater and pressure switches. 50hp jetting with a progresive controller would be within the capabilities of the bottom end and being on a progresive controller there wouldn't be the problems of shock loading the engine. Adding in pressure switches onto the controller to switch off the system if the gas pressure(liquid NO2 feed) becomes too high, or the fuel pressure drops would prevent running lean by mistake. A change to a cooler plug should be needed, but nothing major engine wise

Not cheap, but neither is a rebuild ;)

singlespeed":1xi7c76w said:
I've seen mention of bent rods on a K4M turbo conversion at 200hp. Although that was with a lower compression engine and extra head gasket to lower it some more, hence allowing more boost than the K4M-854 engine would probably be able to use on petrol station pump fuel.

I really don't like extra gaskets or plates lowering the compression ratio. Only low forged compression pistons will do in my opinion. Same as with upgrading the rods...

Well as I bought there development car off of Callum last night as it was part finished I'll let you all know in early 2015.

Let's hope it gets finished! How come he sold it? I thought it was close to being finished :/

sullii94":17cc2f3m said:
Let's hope it gets finished! How come he sold it? I thought it was close to being finished :/

He now rides Downhill MTB and his bike wouldn't fit with the cage fitted.

Plus he drove my Clio Trophy earlier on in the year and liked it so a deal was done :)