RS160 - Twingo Gordini #159

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They look awesome.

5 points are not for me, would do my head in day to day. but it looks sweet.

weebob":2kdermqf said:
They look awesome.

5 points are not for me, would do my head in day to day. but it looks sweet.
I had four points a long time ago and got on OK with them. My sister just had a sit in and found a long dress and six points won't work :lol: maybe fours with an additional crotch strap would have been more practical.

Airbag light and spanner check light are still lit for now. I'll need to get some resistors put in.

singlespeed":297lmkje said:
9366731124_5f837aa4ec_b_d.jpg

9363979847_e3342fb1d8_b_d.jpg

9670500.jpg

Was awesome to see this :) prefer my hardcore RACECAR stripped out look though lol.

Was good to put names to faces.

Hope to see you all soon

I never got a chance to go for a ride in the end. However I did enjoy spending a long time sat in the car. Think you need an r2 evo conversion though ;p

As the gear changes have never been brilliant and, recently its become a bit more reluctant to get into gear, I had the gearbox oil changed yesterday morning. Nothing nasty found in the oil, but it was looking dark and well used which is a bit worrying when thats only 28000 miles and the GBox oil isn't on a service schedule as far as I'm aware.

Feels better now and hasn't refused a change yet. So, seems like £55 well spent as I'm sure that a warranty claim would be laughed at :lol:

Seats are still awesomely comfy. Even Karen approves :shock:

Used to and still do watch a lot of the Japanese Best Motoring videos on youtube. The founder and owner of Spoon Sports Ichishima Tatsuru ( Ichishima-San as he's known on the show) has commented often on the importance of changing gearbox oil at regular intervals and says that it's something often overlooked and not seen as important by both owners and garages.

I guess as we both increase our cars engine power and rev limit this becomes even more important. I'm going to have mine changed every two years.

Ooh and the seats look very nice. The view through the boot looks especially cool :)

Did you use omp subframes and side mounts and did you bother with sliders?

markhardy":2099pa5p said:

singlespeed":2099pa5p said:
will be ordering some sliding seat runners for the drivers side as Karen can only get the clutch peddle half way down :(

Oh, and given the go ahead for a set of AT-power throttle bodies :cool:

:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

markhardy":3q1h83d3 said:
Yes Mark. OMP Twingo subframes which sit nicely onto the four pedestals vacated by the original seat runners. I think I used 50mm bolts for the inside and 40mm for the outside, going down through the floor and re-using the original cone shaped nuts. All M8.
From here>> https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/330910702909?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

OMP low profile sidemounts, which as expected fit onto the OMP seats and subframes.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/370739120996?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649
I'm 5' 10" tall and with the seat mounted on the higher position and using the rearmost bolt holes, I ended up with the seat almost perfect for me, with a good leg position and wrists able to rest ontop of the wheel. The top of the steering wheel is just inline with the bottom of the windscreen

I've just ordered one runner assembly for the drivers side, as Karen can't get the clutch peddle more than half way down :roll:

Airbag lights are now off :)
20130802_143504-1.jpg
2amp fused 3ohm resistors fitted to where the seat airbag and pre-tensioner wires would have been connected. So, two each seat if you have airbags. The two wires next to the end of the connector are for the pre-tensioner and the next two wires are for the side airbag.

I kept them separate by folding one either side of the connector and then wrapping in insulating tape. Apparently the thinking on the fuse is, if the airbags or tensioners were to be triggered by the ecu then the fuse will blow.