RS160 - Twingo Gordini #159

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
MaverickRS":1sn4sy5f said:
JE_GT":1sn4sy5f said:
MaverickRS":1sn4sy5f said:
oooook, what's the maximum power that can be achieved out of these motors?

The rally engines are 195bhp

What size motor is the rally?

Same engine.

R1 - 131bhp
R2 - 160bhp
R2 EVO - 195bhp

Iirc. There is a s1600 somewhere producing upwards of 210 or Spmethkng isn't there? In a Clio?

Either way, they're peaky and I wouldn't want to drive them daily. The clutch on the r2 evo looked brutal and it was continuously black flagged at fcs 2012 for noise. Not a daily drive by any means

MaverickRS":11iyktvf said:
oooook, what's the maximum power that can be achieved out of these motors?

Software with the stock 4-1 branch, what sort of gain could one see?
over 200 has been seen from one of the early 1.6 K4M Clios with a standard engine and a turbo bolted on... But then the rods were bending above 180, but the torque from turboing would be higher than NA. 180 seems reliable.

A standard 133 with a remap will make a little bit more than standard, but not a lot . The biggest change is the overall drivability normaly improves.

I've just been speaking to Andy to see how things are progressing.

Since finalising the cam timing, he has been working on many different versions of the mapping and is now up to V20 and climbing, making smaller and smaller changes each time to try perfect it so the stage 2 profiles should be usable on a stock ECU. Dyno runs and road testing so far is a vast improvement on the initial cam instalation and he is prety much at the point where he would let me have it back (if I urgently needed it) ... However, the stock ECU will probably never fully allow the optimum map as balancing one part upsets another part so some compromise will probably be needed. That said, apparently its still rather quick with 175hp and 148lb/ft of torque :)

With that in mind, we discussed the options of picking it up or leaving it. . Being as its a 1200 mile round trip, I'd prefer for it to be fully sorted before picking it up. Also, I'm not overly stuck for transport (its only a 3 mile walk into town) so, I've decided to leave it with him untill the Gen90 is sorted. This will still take a while, as he is still midway through working on several other projects.

We also discussed, the merits of 38mm ITB's for the engine and the issues with the lack of room infront of the engine for long enough runners... Its something which they won't be pursuing, along with supercharging the 133 as theres not much room infront, yet plenty of room behind the engine for a turbo :crazy: Although I have an inlet gasket for a template and Suzuki GSXR 600 TB's would work nicely as theres no way I would be going turbo ;)

On a different note, its booked into the workshop tomorrow for the replacement DS2500 pads and Hel brake lines :cool:

Did he give you any idea what they've managed around 3k? Or if it's still a "panel filter only" affair?

Good news that they can get it usable on the stock ECU without sacrificing peak really. Be interesting to see how much the Gen90 opens it out.

BikNorton":k0ga7xkd said:
Did he give you any idea what they've managed around 3k? Or if it's still a "panel filter only" affair?
I honestly don't know at the moment. I've just mailed Andy to ask about the induction kit on their car (stage 1 cams and full engine back exhaust ) and graphs for both.

I think its fair to say that if mine is workable (as theirs + stage 2 cams, head work, inlet porting and filter from 3.0 V6) , then the stage 1 profiles would be ok

There's surely enough room to super charge if aircons removed and replaced with a charger ?? Smaller ic and oil cooler yea may not be as big of a jump as the clio's etc but tere looks to be ample space ... Unless causes problems on oil changes

benmc":2cjcgj1g said:
There's surely enough room to super charge if aircons removed and replaced with a charger ?? Smaller ic and oil cooler yea may not be as big of a jump as the clio's etc but tere looks to be ample space ... Unless causes problems on oil changes
Pretty much anything is possible with time, effort and money. If charging was an option
poof.gif
, then turbo would be so much easier. Less space restriction and no need to key or pin the crank pulley

singlespeed":zzqk021o said:
benmc":zzqk021o said:
Pretty much anything is possible with time, effort and money. If charging was an option
poof.gif
, then turbo would be so much easier. Less space restriction and no need to key or pin the crank pulley

Yea I see in that sense but on the other hand charger power is constantly there but builds as revs build turbos put more stress on engine as there's all or non type of thing ...

singlespeed":2urnbni4 said:
BikNorton":2urnbni4 said:
I honestly don't know at the moment. I've just mailed Andy to ask about the induction kit on their car (stage 1 cams and full engine back exhaust ) and graphs for both.

I think its fair to say that if mine is workable (as theirs + stage 2 cams, head work, inlet porting and filter from 3.0 V6) , then the stage 1 profiles would be ok
Cool, hopefully he can do that for you (us (me)).

Neil do you have any graphs yet? I'm going to be heading back down their way in Summer for cams, hopefully a induction kit, new mounts both engine and gearbox and suspension top mounts. Currently running 148 bhp with their complete engine back exhaust system, panel filter and map. Also got a set of Weitec coilovers which make the stance looks 100x better! Can't decide if I should opt for a new set of alloys and tyres?

James-Hilton":2utukyul said:
Neil do you have any graphs yet? I'm going to be heading back down their way in Summer for cams, hopefully a induction kit, new mounts both engine and gearbox and suspension top mounts. Currently running 148 bhp with their complete engine back exhaust system, panel filter and map. Also got a set of Weitec coilovers which make the stance looks 100x better! Can't decide if I should opt for a new set of alloys and tyres?

16"turini's there great!

hello, when you know some parts will be available catcams.co.uk ?

K-tec and we were working one year without camshafts: (

I'm contempating flying down to pick the car up, once I get home in a couple of weeks time :cool:

Not because I need it, but I miss it :(

singlespeed":2kz31ar2 said:
I'm contempating flying down to pick the car up, once I get home in a couple of weeks time :cool:

Join their Facebook page and you'll see it in almost every car park picture, you can then print one, frame it and carry it around with you :lol:

waitey":1npwygfn said:
singlespeed":1npwygfn said:

Join their Facebook page and you'll see it in almost every car park picture, you can then print one, frame it and carry it around with you :lol:
Your cruel mr Waitey
Neil go get it and have some fun