RS160 - Twingo Gordini #159

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks neil for all the info but if i want a sport cat I also need the New manifold else I got 2 cats (why did Renault not put the cat under the car :'( ) cause I think extending that lambda cable is not going to get me trough "MOT" in belgium but I wil ask for it

also if ill maybe get the stage 1 cams and can get more torque out of it in the midrange of my powerband I'm happy and also if they remapping is possible on standard ecu cause yeah MOT >_> ...

the_notorious_C_A_T":29kbsq0y said:
I think the cats are in the manifold now a days to help emissions, as it gets hotter there.
yeah I know that the cat is stuck to the manifold :p hence I said it would be useless a sport cat if you don't get the original manifold off and change it with the ktec one ;)

the_notorious_C_A_T":16vjqsri said:
I was expanding on why the cat is in the manifold rather than underneath ;-)
Lol i read your first post 2 times now :p you are probably right makes sense now :eek:

GhostZ":2hb70jj4 said:
the_notorious_C_A_T":2hb70jj4 said:
I think the cats are in the manifold now a days to help emissions, as it gets hotter there.
yeah I know that the cat is stuck to the manifold :p hence I said it would be useless a sport cat if you don't get the original manifold off and change it with the ktec one ;)
By the sound of things in Belgium, you are going to be restricted by your MOT tester easily noticing the non-standard cat/manifold. Refitting the standard manifold each year wouldn't be viable as its not an easy job.

Replacing the ~400cell equivalent ceramic cat with a 200cell metal martix section could be an option for you. That would be an improvement in flow, still look OEM style with the Lambdas positioned as original etc. However it would still be a compromise unless you managed to improve the collector and outlet of the cat.

I don't think it would matter if it's a 200 cell cat with extending the wires for the lambda sensors.

Just like with the GT (Wind then in this case), the manifold is hidden underneath the boddem plate and behind the engine.

I think it's highly unpossible that MOT would see if it's a sports cat, let alone a different manifold.

On a side note, I asked Skytune about the 200 cell sports cats he has and none of them fit the GT.. maybe if you're lucky Ghostz, he has some that fit the 133.

& I understand why Ghostz is so interested in cams (I would be too). It's one of the only engine mods you can do without MOT noticing as no engine mods are allowed here.
But it's not like MOT is going to open up your engine to see of there's different cams installed :D

EEEK. I've just listed the mods (top of page1) and theres more than a handfull :lol:

Just remembered another one as well :?

Sweet mother of god! That's a nice list there :p

Where's the video of the rolling road run ;)

the thing is if Ktec develops there twingo further and say it is stable to achieve 160Hp and ??? Tq with just a changing to the ktec manifold and adding 200cell sport cat and fast road stage 1 cams from cat cams -> i will be more then happy if i just get more torque out of it than achieving that 160HP number if the dial can go faster through the 3k -> 6k rpm mark i am more then happy

also i will ask my "MOT" if it is not a problem that i relocate my CAT to the underside of my car and extend the cable also i will ask my exhaust builder , but everything in time cause i don't shit tons of money and breaking the engine apart and putting it back together is a NO GO for me i will have spare parts when im done putting it back together...

Just off the phone with K-tec. Unfortunately Andy was busy and had "his head buried in a load of wires and stuff" so it was just a quick message. He is starting to look at the electronic side of the Gen90 fit for the Twingo :)

I knew it would be slow, as he already had loads of work scheduled in before mine needed more work than we expected.

I'm really confused, because at the moment it seems like for my purposes (driveability around 3krpm) a decent intake will work better with the full system and map than cams - but I don't feel happy swinging because it's all a bit up in the air. I suppose I'll just have to wait and see how the standalone deals with it - and what it costs.

Continued props for being the person who suffers to figure it all out for the rest of us.

BikNorton":1ozje1mk said:
I'm really confused, because at the moment it seems like for my purposes (driveability around 3krpm) a decent intake will work better with the full system and map than cams
the stage1 cams can be remapped with the standard ecu, as per the pair in K-tecs car with their exhaust system. They gave 13hp above the previous set of figures for the replacement exhaust.

Its the slightly wilder stage2 profile which has proved to be a step to far for the ecu with the current cam positioning and my fairly extensive head work etc.

the_notorious_C_A_T":7w1jig3f said:
Not sure if this has been stated but has your warrenty expired or you just think f**k it?
the waranty should still cover the bodywork and maybe a few minor items :?

Have you had any news on timescales? Is the car still stationary waiting on the ECU?

I think it'd have killed me by now - even just stood on the sidelines holding off starting on mine til the cam/ecu situation is straightened out I'm getting antsy and thinking a 535d might be nice. :?