Sitting position and Recaro seats!

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
TripleJay":3meb44oe said:
any news on fitting Recaros CS?

Hi! I've been talking to some people and they are still saying it shouldn't be a problem to fit in the Recaros. I will definitely go for it, the only problem is, I need about 1000€ for that and since I haven't started with my job yet, I cannot afford it at the moment. I'll probably do it in August or so, will let you know when they get fitted, okay? ;)

singlespeed":18gpbi4o said:
Al":18gpbi4o said:
DSC03003.jpg

Al. what have you secured the shoulder belts to... Is this a bar bolted into where the rear seats used to be mounted, or latched into the u-bracket (that hides under the small removable cover panels) ?

It's clamped inside the u-brackets either side.

RS GORDINI":vx997t3w said:
they look hot man.

Cheers! Beyond being a writer of rubbish on here and elsewhere I do find the time to do a few usual car related things. I think the seats are still the talking point of my car. It's certainly referred to as "the 133 with the Recaros" :lol:

Looking forward to seeing these CS's when you put them in later in the year :cool:

I've opened another topic in Clio RS segment of the forum about it. I need part codes for the seat + subframes so that my local dealer can check it out for me. He also insists I get a chassis number of a Clio RS with Recaros, but I'm pretty positive no one will give me the number. If someone could get me Recaro seat + subframe codes it would help me a lot.

So do recaros just bolt in to a twingo then? Or a bit more complex than that?

Having sat in the CLio 3 Recaros for example, I´m not sure they will solve your seating position problem to be honest. I found them seating pretty high, almost as high as the 133 buckets, but their shape is better so they hold you better.
In my opinion, I would either keep the original seats or do the complete change and have proper bucket seats (Recaros, OMP, whatever brand you fancy actually) and install subframes.
Mine are really standard, and as I went for 4 point harness, I didn´t even bother keeping the original belts, but Al had a modification done apparently to still be able to use the original seatbelts. Maybe worth looking into it.

Also any bucket can be fitted with two rails to adjust the position forward/backward (i´ve got a set at home, never used it actually...) which basically means that apart from the seat folding on tiself to access the rear bench, you can have the same functions as a normal seat but with a proper bucket.

Last but not least, a lot of people don´t believe me when i say that bucket seats are quite comfy, until they actually seat in my Pole Positions :D

Ive managed to get comfortable enough now to drive quickly :)
Used to have sparco sprint 5s in the saxo and they were really comfy! On sliders too so was handy for passenger and getting me comfy.

Will probably when the time comes to get buckets sit in a few other peoples cars and try to get comfy first. Nothing worse than wasting money and time and hating them lol

not sure if you can remove the anti vibration shims that go between the seat and the floor like you do in mk2 clios to drop the seating position, makes it a bit stiffer to move the seat back and forward but works wonders! done it in my 172s and DCi100

Martin_172":1tcitwwe said:
not sure if you can remove the anti vibration shims that go between the seat and the floor like you do in mk2 clios to drop the seating position, makes it a bit stiffer to move the seat back and forward but works wonders! done it in my 172s and DCi100

Is that the Black Plastic raised Shims?
The OMP Subframes are (sadly) tailored to fit over the top of these, with bracing and strengthening sections "framing" them :(

I fitted Evo 4 Recaros to mine (not sure what type [might be Speed]but same as Integra Type R etc) and they dropped me a good 6 inches and that's with a 2" spacer bar and sliders!
Make a WHOLE lot of difference! I can actually drink Relentless in my car without the bottom of the can hitting the roof :lol:

Unfortunately mine is still stock - thinking about changing the pad in the actual seat to make me seat lower, shouldn't be a problem and you get a custom fit + keep the airbags. Recaro Sportsters cost an arm and then comes the homologation etc., not really worth it. If I ever decide to go "all in" with Twingo, then it's getting some Pole Positions as they seem to be the best choice ;)