So this happened

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
singlespeed":1hba26c6 said:
I thought it was basically 0-5v for the pot(s), but couldn't quite remember.

Joes needing a way to trigger the nitrous solenoids to open up, when the throttle peddle is fully or nearly fully down... With the signal voltage from the pots being proportion to the peddle travel, he can set the controller to trigger the solenoids at xxVolts as required.

There's two pott's so the ECU can compare the values against each other for safety... If there was just one pot and it failed, giving maximum output voltage, the ECU would assume that you had your foot flatvto the floor. With two pots, if there's a difference between the two signal voltages, it can shut off or maybe go into limp mode.

thought so, it was the only logical way i could think of monitoring the injection at full throttle unless you were to somehow press some magical red button when ur foot was down but that would lead to so much problems and complications lol. ive got to admit that i am really looking forward to seeing how this pans out :D

Well that's as good an answer as I could possibly expect! I was wondering why there was two sets of wires for it but when you put it like that it seems like a good idea! Looking forward to getting most of this cracked out tomorrow now :D

One more thing to check I've got a relay and it's got an 87 and an 87a in my gcse my understanding of electronics I can just ignore 87a because it's attached to the same switch as 87 and won't make a difference it being there if nothing is attached to it, am I right?

8e9ybe8e.jpg

Yep, correct...

Assuming your going to have +12Vdc connected to terminal 30, with the relay coil un-energized you will have +12Vdc at 87a (so if your not using it, just stick an insulated crimp over it to save any risk of shorts)

Energize the coil, by putting a voltage across 85-86 and the relay will switch, loosing the voltage from 87a and connecting the +12Vdc to terminal 87

Updates:

All the wiring is done and the TPS controller works how it should, when it should

The pulsoids are in position and the lines are all hooked up

All that needs doing to finish it all off is the injector needs fitting in air intake and I need to cut the fuel line so I can hook the fuel feed up to the fuel pulsoid.

The only reason I've not finished it yet is I'm in Bedford at the mo and I need to drive up to Lincoln so I can go back to work and I thought if I cut into the fuel line and it all went horribly wrong then I wouldn't be able to get to work :/
So I'm going to finish it tomorrow lunchtime and then go and get the bottle filled up (when i get a chance) and test it :)

It's alive! It works and using my mate recording 0-60 on his phone (not exactly reliable but the best we had)
It's definitely faster!

The best thing though by far is that nothing went pop!
I'd write a guide on fitting it but all the fitting instructions are on the Wizards of Nos website :)
However if anyone else decides to fit it and you want some help just give me a shout and I'll do my best to help you out!

LCplParks":3n8c14ij said:
singlespeed":3n8c14ij said:
LCplParks":3n8c14ij said:
The best thing though by far is that nothing went pop!
Always a good thing :)

Too right! I was really quite scared to use it haha but I'm happy now :D

Happy? :? Are you sure you don't have a leak in the system? ;)

BTW, I think I might have to try one of these. :twisted: I'm really pleased that you have taken the plunge. :cool:

Araf":lswpjc6m said:
Happy? :? Are you sure you don't have a leak in the system? ;)

BTW, I think I might have to try one of these. :twisted: I'm really pleased that you have taken the plunge. :cool:

Hahaha I wasn't laughing uncontrollably so hopefully there isn't!
You definitely should :D

I'll post some pics tomorrow and I'll try and do a vid at the weekend

Have you checked the plugs yet?

What's the expected increase in power with the jets you chose?
Did you work out how much reserve capacity you have in the fuel system to go bigger?

singlespeed":3cmsxypy said:
Have you checked the plugs yet?

What's the expected increase in power with the jets you chose?
Did you work out how much reserve capacity you have in the fuel system to go bigger?

Not yet that's planned for tonight's activities :)

I've got a 50 shot so it should be a 25bhp increase but really I'm going to need a bottle heater to keep that consistent

And no not yet it'll be a few month at least before I do more :)

LCplParks":2rt8r22q said:
I've got a 50 shot so it should be a 25bhp increase but really I'm going to need a bottle heater to keep that consistent

And no not yet it'll be a few month at least before I do more :)
I think consistency of the gas pressure is the key to a safe install. That way, once jetted you know the mixture is going to stay the same over simillar conditions and not (or at least unlikely) to go lean.

Imagine jetting it now at 5'c for a perfect mixture and then doing a full power run in the summer when the sun has been out, heating the bottle to +20'c. Fuel flow would be the same but NoS flow would have increased :(

That's why at the moment it's on a very safe rich mixture so I'm hoping that the plugs will reflect that which will set my mind at ease :) I'll definitely feel it more when I get a bottle heater/when summer hurries up and arrives

;) good man. I feel ever so slightly responsible, being as I posted about considering NoS last year.

Good to see you've read up and taken the safe approach instead of diving in half arsed throwing in big jets then blaming the system for melting your engine.

singlespeed":nd3vg68m said:
;) good man. I feel ever so slightly responsible, being as I posted about considering NoS last year.

Good to see you've read up and taken the safe approach instead of diving in half arsed throwing in big jets then blaming the system for melting your engine.

Haha I have to admit it was you that put the idea into my head I'm the first place but it's my own fault for actually going through with it though!

I had to read up on it I wouldn't have trusted it if I hadn't read the facts and actually figured out if it was going to blow up in my face or not haha

I have to admit I felt like a ninja mechanic when I finished it off last night and it actually worked :)

u3u4a2u3.jpg

Missile switch just to the right hand side of the steering wheel
ny5e2a2e.jpg

5y3a5e4a.jpg

Nitrous bottle is in the back where the left rear passenger seat used to be, I had to put it there because there are perforations in the boot that meant I couldn't fit the mounting bracket.
8ega7u9u.jpg

Pulsoids went at the front right hand side of the engine bay because that was both a good place for temperature and being close to the air feed
6u7egydy.jpg

This is the T piece that the fuel is taken from
yzujy9ap.jpg

Finally the crossfire injector that runs into the air feed that's fitted by drilling the hose and then holding it in with a retainer :)