Spark plugs??

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

benmc

Reaction score
When did Renault change spark plugs for rs ? Would have been nice for recall if there's been a problem:s

ana9e3ah.jpg

y9ade8uj.jpg

How do you know they've been changed?
Are either the old or new set not just the wrong ones?

I'm taking a guess lol but the new ones were ordered from Karl and I've had car since 5k and I haven't changed them yet ... It's been into Renault too coz I complained about the water but they didn't change them ..

Oooo interesting. I'd guess they're the correct ones then if ordered from Karl? Maybe they have changed then.
Hopefully someone will be along soon to clear it up

Haven't yet no and Martin they normally do if the old are causing problems don't they?? And tbh twingo feels slightly better in all honesty only slight but can notice ill pm Karl now

Well according to NGK's website
https://www.ngkpartfinder.co.uk/car_commercial_search.php?type=SPARK%2520PLUGS&manufact=RENAULT&model=TWINGO%25202&engine=1.6

The new ones you have with the part number PFR7Z-TG are the correct ones.
The old ones you have with the part number PFR6G9 are they the ones you've had installed from new and does everyone else have these spark plugs? I'll check what mine are tomorrow

Edit:
First search returned this engine-gearbox-exhaust-air-intake-system/spark-plugs-t6100.html. Araf says the plugs are PFR7Z-TG.

But then if you look at Karls thread about the damaged coils and plugs, the plugs are PFR6G9. general-twingo-renaultsport/leaking-scuttle-panel-t6539.html

I give up haha

Hmmm strange one then! The new ones are definatly better though!

markhardy":1jewdqiu said:
Well according to NGK's website
https://www.ngkpartfinder.co.uk/car_commercial_search.php?type=SPARK%2520PLUGS&manufact=RENAULT&model=TWINGO%25202&engine=1.6

The new ones you have with the part number PFR7Z-TG are the correct ones.
The old ones you have with the part number PFR6G9 are they the ones you've had installed from new and does everyone else have these spark plugs? I'll check what mine are tomorrow

Edit:
First search returned this engine-gearbox-exhaust-air-intake-system/spark-plugs-t6100.html. Araf says the plugs are PFR7Z-TG.

But then if you look at Karls thread about the damaged coils and plugs, the plugs are PFR6G9. general-twingo-renaultsport/leaking-scuttle-panel-t6539.html

I give up haha
Interesting. At last, the NGK website now has the 133 and 1.2 turbo models listed... Good progress being as the Twingo has been arround for a few years.

The new tripple electrode plug is still a platinum electrode, but one step cooler (7 instead of 6). Maybe worth looking into :cool:

singlespeed":jb3ai0ia said:
benmc":jb3ai0ia said:
I thought higher temp was higher number?
https://www.ngksparkplugs.com/tech_support/spark_plugs/installation/index.asp?mode=nml#heat
Higher numbers can tolerate higher temps as they run cooler and therefore don't overheat

With modified engines (those engines that have increased their compression) more heat is a by-product of the added power that normally comes with increased compression. In short, select one heat range colder for every 75-100 hp you add, or when you significantly raise compression. Also remember to retard the timing a little and to increase fuel enrichment and octane. These tips are critical when adding forced induction (turbos, superchargers or nitrous kits), and failure to address ALL of these areas will virtually guarantee engine damage.

Don't forget this neil when you break the 210+ figure :)

I wasn't overly concerned about increasing the heat range before, as my compression ratio is nearly standard and I'm short of the 75-100 increase. However, if NGK/Renault have now raised the 6 to a 7, I think I'll be swapping at least for a trial to see how they look after a run

Waits for the turbo conversions with 200+ to start using 8's

Ahh I see Neil so they are cooler but can tolerate more heat

benmc":nqr7vht9 said:
they normally do if the old are causing problems don't they??

na only if its a serious safety issue.

stuff calling common issues is re designed all the time and then just fitted when the original part causes issues at owners cost/ warranty cost

Ahh I see be good if you got contacted about changes though I suppose

You would be surprized how often modified parts are released throughout a cars life, on a mk2 clio there is about 6 different designs of clutch cables lol